- Davis, Rainey & Brown Among Top Week 3 Waiver Options
- Can The NFL's Off-The-Field Violence Problem Be A Symptom Of Widespread PTSD?
- Massive Freak J.J. Watt Might Become A Serious Tight End Option For The Texans
- Don't Be Offended By This 'Ray Rice Makeup Tutorial' Video: It's Brilliant
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Must Watch: SNL And Host Melissa McCarthy Nail The Whole Mike Rice Debacle With An Abusive Coach Parody
Host Melissa McCarthy (of Mike and Molly and Identity Thief) nailed this one…with a toaster. In an obvious, but necessary, parody of the Mike Rice abuse videos, McCarthy donned the role of über abusive women’s basketball coach, Sheila Kelly, of the fictitious Middle Delaware State. Making the point that, well, coaches can be dicks — and Melissa McCarthy in a Pat Summit wig/pantsuit can get away with anything and still be hilarious. Framing the whole thing, is a rather accurate depiction of ESPN’s somber news segment OTL (Outside The Lines,) featuring Bill Hader as an unspecific serious sports journalist.
If people were getting upset by this whole scandal, I’d like to think this skit would defuse some of the hypersensitivity surrounding the admittedly terrible situation at Rutgers. SNL makes the point, whether intentional or not, that the issue is pretty straightforward: power monger coaches like Mike Rice are dicks, not leaders. Hopefully this will make other coaches reconsider next time they think about losing it on a player.
- B.J. Penn Was Called "The Prodigy" for a Reason
- Christy Mack, War Machine and Why the Internet Blames Women for Domestic Violence
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship