- Rent Out Kenny Powers' Swanky L.A. Loft For $8,500 A Month
- Jim Harbaugh On Reports He's A Candidate For U. Of Texas Job: 'Are You Trying To Be Funny?'
- The Official RotoExperts Week 15 Start 'Em Sit 'Em
- Holy Crap! Look At These Before-And-After Photos Of Maradona
- Former Rutgers Player Sues Over Ex-Basketball Coach Rice's Behavior
Must Watch: SNL And Host Melissa McCarthy Nail The Whole Mike Rice Debacle With An Abusive Coach Parody
Host Melissa McCarthy (of Mike and Molly and Identity Thief) nailed this one…with a toaster. In an obvious, but necessary, parody of the Mike Rice abuse videos, McCarthy donned the role of über abusive women’s basketball coach, Sheila Kelly, of the fictitious Middle Delaware State. Making the point that, well, coaches can be dicks — and Melissa McCarthy in a Pat Summit wig/pantsuit can get away with anything and still be hilarious. Framing the whole thing, is a rather accurate depiction of ESPN’s somber news segment OTL (Outside The Lines,) featuring Bill Hader as an unspecific serious sports journalist.
If people were getting upset by this whole scandal, I’d like to think this skit would defuse some of the hypersensitivity surrounding the admittedly terrible situation at Rutgers. SNL makes the point, whether intentional or not, that the issue is pretty straightforward: power monger coaches like Mike Rice are dicks, not leaders. Hopefully this will make other coaches reconsider next time they think about losing it on a player.
- UFC Signs 11 Invicta Straw Weights For Huge Tournament
- 22 Things You Didn't Know About Peyton Manning
- Jim Brown Says Kobe Isn't Black Enough
- Can The San Francisco 49ers Still Make The Playoffs?