- Is A Kobe Bryant Trade On The Horizon? A Few Rumored Scenarios...
- Way Too Early Top 10 Starting Pitchers for 2015 Fantasy Baseball
- Grading ESPN's 4 Worst Fantasy Projections For Week 9
- Jerry Jones Is Going To Get Tony Romo Killed
- Ace Jon Lester Makes Pitch For Young Pal Fighting Cancer
Stanford Band Cowbell Guy Identified: Meet Alex Chang, March Madness Star
The MVP of Stanford’s two upset wins in the NCAA Basketball Tournament? Undoubtedly the cowbell player in the Stanford Band, who got more CBS air time than some of the players during the Cardinals’ 60-57 win over Kansas in the Round of 32 on Sunday.
Now it can be told: the kid who captivated the nation with his frenetic bell thwacking is named Alex Chang, an engineering student and former member of the Stanford Mendicants, a cappella singing group. Chang is from nearby Los Altos, CA. NBC Bay Area:
Chang said he was just doing what he always does.
“That’s what we try to do as the Stanford band: entertain everyone who’s watching,” Chang said in an interview via Skype on Monday afternoon.
— scott budman (@scottbudman) March 24, 2014
Yes, there are already Stanford Cowbell Twitter sites popping up, and at least one has put the moves on Michelle Beadle.
— Stanford Cowbell (@cowbellstanford) March 23, 2014
Fun fact: The next-most famous former member of the Stanford Mendicants? The Sopranos actor Joseph Siravo, who played “Johnny Boy” Soprano, Tony Soprano’s father.
- Filed Under:
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts