- Our NBA Power Rankings: Once Again, Everyone Is Underestimating The Spurs
- Fantasy Hoops: Why Not Make The Bucks Your Main Squeeze This Week?
- ESPN To Combine All Non-Bullshit Entities Into New Unit Called 'Exit 31'
- Here's A Photo Of Tony Romo Rooting For Duke
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
The Fab Five Weren’t In Love With Christian Laettner
ESPN is currently airing its documentary on Michigan’s Fab Five. It’s an interesting story, and the college recruitniks among us (who might not have been old enough to appreciate it at the time) can marvel at just how hyped this class of players was – not to mention how much they flouted the conventions of the day.
And perhaps no program more embodied the “conventions of the day” than Duke. As such, it won’t shock you to learn the members of the Fab Five didn’t think especially highly of the Dukies…or their biggest star at the time, Christian Laettner. In fact, when the Michigan players got around to describing Laettner, a couple unflattering words in particular came up.
Granted, it was more based on a preconceived notion of Laettner than the guy himself, but in a way, it’s poetic…one highly divisive team talking smack about another. Video, via ESPN, below.
- Trainer Robert Garcia Spills Marcos Maidana secrets
- Marcos Maidana Drops Jaws
- Tyson Fury Returns to the Ring
- Does Ruslan Provodnikov Strike Fear In Juan Manuel Marquez?