- Cam Newton To Jerricho Cotchery, The Panthers' Sleeper Connection
- Penn State Wins Saturday's First Game With Last-Second Field Goal In Dublin
- Fantasy Football Draft Advice: Take A First Round QB, Like B.J. Upton
- Embattled Qatar Is Building An Entire City From Scratch To Host The 2022 World Cup
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
The Real Reason Iowa State And Michigan Made The Sweet 16: Creative Whiteboard Messages
Ask any basketball fan or analyst how Iowa State and Michigan made the 2014 NCAA Tournament Sweet 16 and you’ll likely get answers like “efficient offense,” “DeAndre Kane,” “John Beilein” or perhaps “one game was against Wofford.” But those people would be wrong. This is how the Cyclones beat UNC.
(The message on the white board on the left: “Winning is fun.” Not to mention: NBA uniform requirements!)
Other teams probably didn’t know this and lost on purpose. (Not mentioned: Winning is also fun-damental!)
You might recognize similar strategy from Beilein and Mitch McGary.
As unsuccessful gamblers would say: One’s an aberration, two’s a sufficient sample size. This is how you win at basketball.
- Who's The Smartest Fighter in UFC?
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship
- Christy Mack, War Machine and Why the Internet Blames Women for Domestic Violence
- Miller vs Diaz Feud Is Getting Nastier