- WEEK 3 NFL POWER RANKINGS: We Definitively Know The 6 Best Teams In Football
- Jacob deGrom Ties MLB Record With 8 Straight Ks To Open Game
- Are We Hesitant To Suspend NFL Players Because Of Fantasy Football?
- The Colombian Women's Cycling Team Uniforms Are Not Really NSFW
- Manning, Elway Dispute Suggestion That Wes Welker's Suspension Was A Shocker
The Real Reason Iowa State And Michigan Made The Sweet 16: Creative Whiteboard Messages
Ask any basketball fan or analyst how Iowa State and Michigan made the 2014 NCAA Tournament Sweet 16 and you’ll likely get answers like “efficient offense,” “DeAndre Kane,” “John Beilein” or perhaps “one game was against Wofford.” But those people would be wrong. This is how the Cyclones beat UNC.
(The message on the white board on the left: “Winning is fun.” Not to mention: NBA uniform requirements!)
Other teams probably didn’t know this and lost on purpose. (Not mentioned: Winning is also fun-damental!)
You might recognize similar strategy from Beilein and Mitch McGary.
As unsuccessful gamblers would say: One’s an aberration, two’s a sufficient sample size. This is how you win at basketball.
- Mayweather Wouldn't Want to Fight Ronda Rousey
- Damon Martin Joins Press Row
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson Files for Divorce
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship