- Greg Anthony On CNN: It's 'Your Opinion' That Adrian Peterson Is Guilty
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's Hawaii Mansion On The Market For $5.9 Million, Has Very High Door Frames
- 7 Shitty Things That Happened, Or Didn't Happen, In Fantasy Football: Week 2
- Colin Kaepernick Denies Saying Anything For Landmark 'Inappropriate Language' Penalty
- Manning, Elway Dispute Suggestion That Wes Welker's Suspension Was A Shocker
Things Get All Rioty In Tucson Following Arizona Loss, Police Fire Bean Bags, Pepper Spray
So a rather emotional, controversial loss for Arizona on Saturday: 64-63 to Wisconsin in overtime, featuring a charge call that some thought shouldn’t have been called, plus a bunch of other stuff. It was all a little too much for the kids on the Arizona campus, who got all rioty and challenged Tucson police by refusing to leav ethe street and throwing beer bottles. Pepper spray canisters and bean bag rounds ensued.
— Yao Mingle.com (@Marco_Romo) March 30, 2014
Crowd members yelling "they can't take us all"
— Daily Wildcat (@dailywildcat) March 30, 2014
— CBSSports.com (@CBSSports) March 30, 2014
So in Arizona you can try to pass new segregation laws, and it’s cool, but if you lose a basketball game…..
— Tom Fornelli (@TomFornelli) March 30, 2014
Police brought in cruisers and a unit of officers with batons, helmets and face masks to block the street when people started tossing beer bottles, cans and firecrackers, hitting police vehicles and endangering officers.
Officers fired pepper spray, pepper canisters and pepper balls, which disperse into the air when they hit, Dugan said. No tear gas was used despite some reports.
A witness, David Kitaeff, told The Associated Press that the incident started innocently with people taking photos, but then “people got in cops’ faces.” He said fans were throwing drink cans at officers, whom he saw marching down University Boulevard.
Meanwhile, here was State Street in Madison Saturday night:
— Bobby (@LangeTheThird) March 30, 2014
Anyway, is it cool to riot before the semifinals? Seems like a serious breach of etiquette.
- Filed Under:
- arizona wildcats
- Dana White Speaks On Firing Chael Sonnen
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee
- WWE Divas Rosa Mendes and Eva Marie's Sexy Videos!
- KO of the Week: Palomino v Macaco