- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 QB Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Hunter Pence Making World More Educated, One Library Book At A Time
- Your Comprehensive Guide To Giants-Royals World Series Intangibles
- KICKERS HAVE ALL THE FUN: Pornstar Tells Excellent Sebastian Janikowski Story
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
VIDEO: Kentucky Upsets Ohio State On Jumper In Final Seconds
The No. 1 overall seed is out of the NCAA Tournament. Despite undoubtedly being one of the best teams in the country all season, and looking as good as anyone heading in, Ohio State’s now heading out, courtesy of a 62-60 loss to Kentucky in a Sweet 16 thriller out of Newark.
The game was tight almost throughout – the score was tied at halftime, and again in the final 30 seconds of the game after deadeye Ohio State shooting guard Jon Diebler hit the last of his four threes. But then star Kentucky freshman Brandon Knight got the ball, and for the second time in the tournament, hit a game-winning shot in the waning seconds. Ohio State had a final shot at winning it, but William Buford’s three missed the mark, the rebound was tipped away, and a good percentage of the brackets still in healthy shape went bust.
This marks quite possibly John Calipari’s biggest win yet at Kentucky, and he’ll get a chance to top it this weekend when his Wildcats play North Carolina for a spot in the Final Four. We’re excited at the prospect of that matchup – a big game, two marquee programs, and Calipari’s squad clearly peaking at the best possible time. Video of tonight’s fantastic finish below, via bubbaprog.
- Why Is The Featherweight Division In Trouble?
- Carmelo Anthony Is 'Magnetic,' According To His Shirt
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts
- The Top 10 Hottest NFL Draft WAGs