- Is A Kobe Bryant Trade On The Horizon? A Few Rumored Scenarios...
- Way Too Early Top 10 Starting Pitchers for 2015 Fantasy Baseball
- Grading ESPN's 4 Worst Fantasy Projections For Week 9
- Jerry Jones Is Going To Get Tony Romo Killed
- Ace Jon Lester Makes Pitch For Young Pal Fighting Cancer
Watch Two Home Crowds Get Their Hearts Ripped Out By Devastating Buzzer-Beaters
Nothing like spending a ton of money — not to mention emotional energy — on a basketball game to watch your favorite team play, and see them come tantalizingly close to beating their opponent (bonus points if this opponent is one of the best in the league/country), only to watch them lose on an unlikely game-winner.
That happened to two different home crowds last night.
Let’s start in Pittsburgh, where the Pitt Panthers hosted the number one ranked and undefeated Syracuse Orange. (Full disclosure: Pitt alum here.) Pitt was up one with 4.4 seconds to go, and was one defensive stand away from knocking off the nation’s best team, as they were favored to do by, yes, one point. Then, this:
All the animals in the Oakland Zoo subsequently died from heartbreak. It was a typical finish for the Panthers, who have made a living over the last few years on playing just well enough to lose when it matters most. Tyler Ennis is good.
But Wednesday featured more than one unlikely three for the win. LeBron James and the Heat were at Golden State, and were in danger of losing by two. Then, this:
OH DAMN WE SHOULD PUT THAT GUY’S FACE ON A FUCKING MOUNTAIN.
Seriously though, it sucks when this happens. Sorry, Pittsburgh and Oakland (the California one, not the one in Pittsburgh. But that one too).
P.S. — James Harden also had a game-winner, but it was a lay-up at home, so whatever.
Photo via Getty
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts