- SPORTSGRID ORIGINAL: The Future Of The Knicks (As Told By An 8-Year-Old)
- Important News: Jose Canseco To Appear In Movie 'Piranha Sharks'
- The NCAA's Talking Bench Sounds Like A Prison Inmate On The Prowl
- Tim Donaghy Says The NBA Is Rigged, Probably To Get You To Buy His Picks
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
“What Channel Is truTV?” Cries A Scared And Confused Nation
The fan experience got a whole lot better when CBS relinquished its monopoly on NCAA television rights. With every game now being broadcast for the first time, fans can watch any teams they choose…if, of course, they can find them.
Jokes have gone around for days about truTV (formerly Court TV), and the media have openly wondered about the obscure channel that shows Lizard Lick Towing and Operation Repo. This is insane, of course, because this very same channel may be home to some of the most exciting sports moments of the year.
The “real” tournament started today (you know, the games that actually matter for your office pool) and, sure enough, some fans were freaking out about not being able to find the Old Dominion-Butler game. Others simply wondered “what the hell” is truTV?”
The 1.2 million viewers that tuned in to watch UNC Asheville beat Arkansas-Little Rock in an “opening-round” match up Tuesday on truTV got some practice finding the station for when the real tournament began.
Those of us who had better things to do than watch two 16 seeds fight for a chance to get trounced by Pitt might have been screaming at the TV and fumbling with the remote this afternoon. Thankfully for some of us, a few local newspapers anticipated the problem and posted local channel numbers for truTV.
Meanwhile, we don’t think Turner Broadcasting, which owns truTV, is too upset about all the publicity. After this, we’ll certainly remember what truTV is, and TNT analyst Charles Barkley said that was part of the plan:
“One reason why we invested in this was to get people to know where truTV was,” Levy told the AP. “That’s part of the reason why you put the kind of money up that we are.”
Then, of course, there’s the problem of actually finding it. If you’re still having trouble, this might help:
|Time Warner||National||Digital HD|
|Insight Communications||Lexington, KY; Columbus, OH||995|
|Verizon FiOS||New York||683|
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story