- Pretty Much Screwed: Why Your Team Won't Win The 2014 NBA Championship
- Worldstar Hip Hop Does Some Bad NBA Lip Reading
- Burger King Made Fun Of A Soccer Player For Being Fat, Might Get Sued For It
- Fantasy Baseball: Kyle Lohse Deserves More Props
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
What Happened Last Night: Wichita State Upsets Gonzaga, Oregon Drops St. Louis
Another day of the NCAA tournament, another handful of big upsets.
Last night’s culprits: Wichita State and Oregon, who both did their parts to ruin everyone’s brackets by knocking off a couple of the best teams in the country.
Wichita State knocks off Gonzaga as the first 1 seed of the tournament falls
Led by Ron Baker and Cleanthony Early (best name in the tournament, by the way) with 16 points apiece, the Wichita State Shockers, er, shocked Gonzaga, defeating them 76-70. The Bulldogs shot just .356 from the floor while Wichita State shot .500, including 14-28 on three pointers. Gonzaga was led by Kelly Olynyk with 26 points on 22 shots, typifying the inefficient Bulldog offense in defeat.
Watch the full highlights of the monster upset via NCAA.com:
Oregon streaks to upset over St. Louis
Damyean Dotson had 23 points and Arsalan Kazemi grabbed 16 rebounds as Oregon knocked off no. 4 St. Louis in the other big upset Saturday night, blowing out the Billikens 74-57.
Just as in the Wichita State-Gonzaga upset, Oregon was on fire all game long, shooting .528 from the floor and 8-11 from beyond the three point line, while St. Louis shot a paltry .377 and a pathetic 3-21 on threes.
Kwamain Mitchell led the Billikens (seriously, what is a Billiken?) in defeat with 18 points and five steals.
Check out the highlights via NCAA.com:
Photo via Streeter Lecka/Getty Images
All statistics via ESPN.com
- Jessie James and NFL Star in Provocative Shoot
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Paulina Gretzky's Provocative Golf Digest Photoshoot
- Former Boston Red Sox First-Round Draft Pick Retires