- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 5 Waiver Wire Pickup Power Rankings
- Notre Dame-Syracuse Fans Brawl In Douchebag National Championship
- Will Ferrell, Chris Rock And Kevin Hart Wish Derek Jeter Farewell
- More FIFA 15 Glitches, Like The Nude Midfielder And Ball-Less Throw-In
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
12-Year-Old Ohio State Fan Names His Brain Cancer ‘Michigan’
And let’s just say that, as of today, Ohio State is beating Michigan by a wide margin.
Grant Reed, 12, has parents who attended Ohio State, and he’s a huge Buckeyes fan. So when he was diagnosed with a brain tumor in 2011, he nicknamed his illness “Michigan”. And so the battle was joined at the Nationwide Children’s Hospital in Columbus, Ohio. Buckeyes’ head football coach Urban Meyer even got involved.
And the cancer is in remission. Grant still has to report to the hospital every three months for an MRI, but he’s done with chemotherapy (plays Ohio State fight song).
The doctors at the hospital say that Grant’s prognosis looks good for now.
“We’ve beaten Michigan for the short term,” Troy Reed, Grant’s father, told the site. “But like any rival, there’s a chance it can come back.”
Ohio State football coach Urban Meyer stopped by the hospital in December to spend time with Grant.
Grant is out of the hospital, but before he left he and his brother, Collin, donated two toy wagons to other patients.
“We did make the stipulation,” Troy Reed said. “It had to say ‘Beat Michigan’ on it.”
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts