- Belichick Not Impressed With Mike Golic's Bill Belichick Costume
- Real Steel Is Real: Fighting Robot League Could Be Just Around The Corner
- Andrew Luck Is A Top 5 Quarterback And Nobody's Impressed -- Why?
- Vegas Helps You Pick Week 9 Fantasy DSTs
- Ace Jon Lester Makes Pitch For Young Pal Fighting Cancer
12-Year-Old Ohio State Fan Names His Brain Cancer ‘Michigan’
And let’s just say that, as of today, Ohio State is beating Michigan by a wide margin.
Grant Reed, 12, has parents who attended Ohio State, and he’s a huge Buckeyes fan. So when he was diagnosed with a brain tumor in 2011, he nicknamed his illness “Michigan”. And so the battle was joined at the Nationwide Children’s Hospital in Columbus, Ohio. Buckeyes’ head football coach Urban Meyer even got involved.
And the cancer is in remission. Grant still has to report to the hospital every three months for an MRI, but he’s done with chemotherapy (plays Ohio State fight song).
The doctors at the hospital say that Grant’s prognosis looks good for now.
“We’ve beaten Michigan for the short term,” Troy Reed, Grant’s father, told the site. “But like any rival, there’s a chance it can come back.”
Ohio State football coach Urban Meyer stopped by the hospital in December to spend time with Grant.
Grant is out of the hospital, but before he left he and his brother, Collin, donated two toy wagons to other patients.
“We did make the stipulation,” Troy Reed said. “It had to say ‘Beat Michigan’ on it.”
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts