- Power Ranking The Most Offensive Team Names In Sports History
- How Early Can You Draft The Legion Of Boom This Year?
- Kirk Minihane Doubles Down On Being An Asshole To Erin Andrews In On-Air Pseudo-Apology
- Niners Fan Eats It After Getting Juked By Seahawks Mascot
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
AJ McCarron’s Mom Mocked Jameis Winston’s Speech On Twitter, Then Deleted It And Apologized (Kind Of)
Moms are not supposed to go there. Not even Alabama moms. Can Dee Dee McCarron — mom of Roll Tide QB AJ — be excused if she got a little frisky with Twitter and made light of Jameis Wintson’s speaking ability following the BCS Championship Game last night?
— Larry Brown (@LBSports) January 7, 2014
Not cool … but she quickly deleted it, and so we can all put this behind us. Except that Dee Dee went back to Twitter and issued one of those half-assed, non-apology apologies.
Any1 that knows our family knows we r far from racist. My tweet was not in anyway meant that way. I sincerely apologize if it offended any1
— Dee Dee McCarron (@DeeDeeBonner) January 7, 2014
No, it didn’t really offend me. But your apology did.
Here’s the transcript of the speech. (Video here).
“We champions,” Winston said. “We can share that. We are champions together. And through everything that we went through. Through all the haters. Through every single thing, we came our victorious. God did this. I’m so blessed. He’s so blessed. All the stuff that he handled with Ethan (Fisher, the coach’s son) and he come out here and coach us? That touched me. And it’s nobody but God. It’s nobody.”
LeBron James liked Winston’s speech.
UN-Freaking-believable interview by Jameis!! Just shows part of the reason why he's SPECIAL!
— LeBron James (@KingJames) January 7, 2014
Others … ?
I actually enjoyed Jameis Winston's speech. It sounded like a beautiful mixture of MLK, The Rock, Gucci Mane, Ray Lewis & Foghorn Leghorn.
— Justin Ochoa (@Justin_M_Ochoa) January 7, 2014
UPDATE: Katherine Webb also got into the act. This is even worse.
Stop doing this, people associated with AJ McCarron pic.twitter.com/0OwnxiaORW
— Tony Manfred (@tonymanfred) January 7, 2014
- Filed Under:
- jameis winston
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts