- Our NBA Power Rankings: Once Again, Everyone Is Underestimating The Spurs
- The 86th Annual SportsGrid NFL Free Agency Awards
- Oh ... Oh No. Here's The Helmet An Arena League Team Will Be Wearing This Season
- The Iron Man Is An Author Again
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
While We’re On The Subject Of Crying And Sports, Watch This Video About A.J. McCarron And His Buddy A.J. Starr
Being disabled impacts almost every aspect of your existence, and perhaps none more than one’s social life. Unfortunately, something disabilities don’t impact is your ability to feel left-out. The need to belong. To have friends. That’s always there — which why it’s so hard to watch someone struggle making friends because they’re a little bit different.
A.J. Starr, a University of Alabama student who suffers from cerebral palsy, used to watch the U of A football team practice through a gap in a fence. Now, thanks to the former starting quarterback, Starr is not only an integral part of the Crimson Tide locker room, he’s finally got the close friend he deserves: A.J. McCarron.
Wow. Bring some kleenex.
As if the video above wasn’t heart wrenching enough for you, the two shared a moment after Bama’s surprising Sugar Bowl loss to Oklahoma. “Loved spending my last moment as a crimson tide player with my boy @astarr193 in the locker room after the game,” McCarron tweeted. Ahem, clean up on aisle “our eyes.” (Under no circumstances can you show this story to Dick Vermeil.)
— Dee Dee McCarron (@DeeDeeBonner) January 3, 2014
— AJ McCarron (@10AJMcCarron) January 3, 2014
- Marcos Maidana Drops Jaws
- Trainer Robert Garcia Spills Marcos Maidana Secrets
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- No More Mr. Nice Guy: Manny Pacquiao Gets Real