- RotoExperts On The Radio: Kevin Gausman Debuts On Hot Thursday
- Jose Canseco Is Being Investigated For Rape
- Tony Allen Set A New Low For Egregriously And Horribly Flopping
- Son Of Asshole Makes Greatest Hockey Pass-to-One-Timer-Goal We've Seen In Quite Some Time
- Injured Steelers Tight End Heath Miller Is Improving, But Cautious
An Alabama Student Was Allegedly Beaten By Alabama Football Players, But Still Loves Alabama Football
Alabama student Samuel Jurgens was allegedly “beaten and knocked unconscious” while being robbed by Crimson Tide freshman football players Tyler Hayes and Eddie Williams, who were subsequently arrested. You can read the details of the crime here. Jurgens isn’t fully recovered, but he has returned to class. While his psyche and body were damaged, though, his undying loyalty to Nick Saban’s kingdom was not. Here’s what the victim had to say:
We’re Alabama football. We beat everyone. ROLL DAMN TIDE.
Ok, fine. He didn’t quite say that. But Jurgens actually did say this:
“This was just a matter of chance. I’m still gonna love Alabama football. I just want to deal with this case, move on with my life,” Jurgens said. “I just want to get on with my education. I want to continue being happy here. I was happy here before, and I will continue being happy here.”
This is understandable, because once again, ROLL DAMN TIDE. But seriously, it’s not surprising. I mean, I’ve been a Jets fan my entire life, despite them slicing my heart with a machete on an annual basis. I always return for ensured agony. If Denard Robinson walked into my Ann Arbor apartment right now on bath salts and tried to eat my face off, I would yell “Go Blue” through the whole thing. I’d probably even be honored that a true hero tried to eat my face. And then I’d write a killer SportsGrid post on how it showed he has the TOUGHNESS and GRIT to be a successful NFL wide receiver.
- Filed Under:
- alabama football
- Remembering Quinton "Rampage" Jackson's Time In The UFC
- Trish Stratus Makes Sure We are Stratusfied!
- Why Michael Jordan Ruined It For LeBron
- Fan Fail: The Worst NBA Tattoo Ever