- Off The Grid: Rule Changes, Video Game Memories And Attempted Improv
- Here's The Most Joyous Field Invasion You're Ever Likely To See (Video)
- Presenting The Portland Raiders: Everyone In The Black Hole Will Wear Flannel
- UPDATE: Ken Griffey Jr. Issues Apology After Awkward SportsCenter Interview
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
An Alabama Student Was Allegedly Beaten By Alabama Football Players, But Still Loves Alabama Football
Alabama student Samuel Jurgens was allegedly “beaten and knocked unconscious” while being robbed by Crimson Tide freshman football players Tyler Hayes and Eddie Williams, who were subsequently arrested. You can read the details of the crime here. Jurgens isn’t fully recovered, but he has returned to class. While his psyche and body were damaged, though, his undying loyalty to Nick Saban’s kingdom was not. Here’s what the victim had to say:
We’re Alabama football. We beat everyone. ROLL DAMN TIDE.
Ok, fine. He didn’t quite say that. But Jurgens actually did say this:
“This was just a matter of chance. I’m still gonna love Alabama football. I just want to deal with this case, move on with my life,” Jurgens said. “I just want to get on with my education. I want to continue being happy here. I was happy here before, and I will continue being happy here.”
This is understandable, because once again, ROLL DAMN TIDE. But seriously, it’s not surprising. I mean, I’ve been a Jets fan my entire life, despite them slicing my heart with a machete on an annual basis. I always return for ensured agony. If Denard Robinson walked into my Ann Arbor apartment right now on bath salts and tried to eat my face off, I would yell “Go Blue” through the whole thing. I’d probably even be honored that a true hero tried to eat my face. And then I’d write a killer SportsGrid post on how it showed he has the TOUGHNESS and GRIT to be a successful NFL wide receiver.
- Filed Under:
- alabama football
- Real Basketball Wives That Cheated On Their Ballers
- Which Golfer Has This Sick California Mansion?
- Rare Photos of The Undertaker as a Teenager
- Cavaliers' Andrew Bynum Suspended For Scandalous Affair?!