- IS CLIFF LEE DONE?: MLB Trade Deadline Deals, Injuries, Tidbits And Trends
- Golfer Dustin Johnson Suspended Six Months For Positive Cocaine Test
- Jonny Gomes' Last Words As A Member Of The Red Sox: 'Boston Strong'
- Madden 15 Cornerback Rankings Upset Puts Sherman-Peterson Beef To Rest
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
The Alabama Fan Who “Sexually Taunted” An Unconscious LSU Fan Is Going To Jail
On January 9th, 2012, the night Alabama beat LSU in the national championship game, a man named Brian H. Downing went up to a passed out LSU fan in New Orleans’ French Quarter, unzipped his pants, and placed his genitals on his face. Video of the incident — yes someone was taking video — soon went viral, and the “Alabama Tea Bagger” became a thing.
Welp, Downing’s decision to teabag a helpless stranger is probably going to cost him two years of his freedom. According to WWL-TV, Downing has pled guilty to two counts of obscenity for sexually taunting the Tigers fan, and prosecutors are asking for a two-year prison sentence. That sentence could be reduced if Downing completes a prison boot camp, and sentencing is set for November 29th.
An edited version of the infamous video can be seen below. Needless to say, this is every drunk fan’s nightmare: losing a championship game, then getting preyed upon by a group of the winning team’s fans. But usually, that nightmare centers around getting pointed at and laughed at… not having someone put their balls on your face.
In any event: two years in jail? Would that sentence be too harsh? Too light? Sound off in the comments.
- Claudia Gadelha is UFC's First Strawweight Champ
- Why Are Buffalo Bills Fans Banning Bon Jovi Music?
- Buffalo Bills Sammy Watkins Stuns with His Impressive Abilities
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead