- Madden 15 Player Ratings: Top 5 Offensive Linemen
- Jimmy Fallon's 'Late Night Superlatives': Tour de France Edition
- The NBA Needs To Consider Relocation To Seattle And Louisville, Not Expansion
- Power Ranking The Most Offensive Team Names In Sports History
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
The Alabama Fan Who “Sexually Taunted” An Unconscious LSU Fan Is Going To Jail
On January 9th, 2012, the night Alabama beat LSU in the national championship game, a man named Brian H. Downing went up to a passed out LSU fan in New Orleans’ French Quarter, unzipped his pants, and placed his genitals on his face. Video of the incident — yes someone was taking video — soon went viral, and the “Alabama Tea Bagger” became a thing.
Welp, Downing’s decision to teabag a helpless stranger is probably going to cost him two years of his freedom. According to WWL-TV, Downing has pled guilty to two counts of obscenity for sexually taunting the Tigers fan, and prosecutors are asking for a two-year prison sentence. That sentence could be reduced if Downing completes a prison boot camp, and sentencing is set for November 29th.
An edited version of the infamous video can be seen below. Needless to say, this is every drunk fan’s nightmare: losing a championship game, then getting preyed upon by a group of the winning team’s fans. But usually, that nightmare centers around getting pointed at and laughed at… not having someone put their balls on your face.
In any event: two years in jail? Would that sentence be too harsh? Too light? Sound off in the comments.
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee
- Miller vs Diaz Feud Is Getting Nastier
- Claudia Gadelha is UFC's First Strawweight Champ
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship