- SPORTSGRID ORIGINAL: The Future Of The Knicks (As Told By An 8-Year-Old)
- Colbert Interviewed John Calipari Amidst A Show About Cockfighting
- Today In Bolivian Soccer ... A G-G-G-G-Ghost?! (VIDEO)
- The NCAA's Talking Bench Sounds Like A Prison Inmate On The Prowl
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
All-American Safety Victim Of Stealth Pot Brownies On Spring Break, Faces Four-Game Suspension
Georgia Bulldogs All-American safety Bacarri Rambo is facing a four-game suspension after testing positive for marijuana in a school-administered drug test.
Which doesn’t make sense, since Rambo probably could’ve left school early and entered the NFL Draft, but instead chose to stay in school and play for the Bulldogs in his senior season. A four-game suspension kind of nullifies that choice — and obviously hurts his draft stock. So, he’s either monumentally dumb, or the victim of…
Stealth pot brownies.
Rambo is asserting that it was the latter. According to his old high school coach, the safety, who tied for second in the nation in interceptions last season, ate some brownies during a Spring break trip to Panama City, Florida. It was then that he began to feel a bit… funny.
“Some kids had them that were staying with him and he said he got high,” Rambo said. “He thought the things had marijuana in them. He sat there a couple of hours and didn’t know what to do. He said he if he turned himself in he’d get a four-game suspension for a second offense.”
Assuming Rambo is telling the truth — and I’m assuming he is, because if you knowingly eat a weed brownie on Spring break, you know you’re testing positive for weed when you show up for spring football practice — that must’ve been a terrifying feeling. First, there’s the intrinsic paranoia that comes with being high. Then, there’s the fact that you actually have something to feel really, really paranoid about. Namely: I’m going to get suspended from the football team, and I may have just messed up my future in the NFL.
The school has not officially announced the suspension yet, and Georgia’s athletic director had no comment. If it goes through, Rambo is considering the NFL supplemental draft. And I’m willing to bet he’s now terrified of brownies, which is a tragedy in of itself.
- Filed Under:
- georgia bulldogs
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story