- The NFL Will Never Solve Its Concussion Problem
- Will Ferrell Just Yells At Derek Jeter For An Entire Four Minutes
- 10 More Reasons You Should Try The Diet LeBron James Used To Lose Weight
- Week 5 Survivor Pool: 3 Locks, 2 Values And An Upset Special
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
All-American Safety Victim Of Stealth Pot Brownies On Spring Break, Faces Four-Game Suspension
Georgia Bulldogs All-American safety Bacarri Rambo is facing a four-game suspension after testing positive for marijuana in a school-administered drug test.
Which doesn’t make sense, since Rambo probably could’ve left school early and entered the NFL Draft, but instead chose to stay in school and play for the Bulldogs in his senior season. A four-game suspension kind of nullifies that choice — and obviously hurts his draft stock. So, he’s either monumentally dumb, or the victim of…
Stealth pot brownies.
Rambo is asserting that it was the latter. According to his old high school coach, the safety, who tied for second in the nation in interceptions last season, ate some brownies during a Spring break trip to Panama City, Florida. It was then that he began to feel a bit… funny.
“Some kids had them that were staying with him and he said he got high,” Rambo said. “He thought the things had marijuana in them. He sat there a couple of hours and didn’t know what to do. He said he if he turned himself in he’d get a four-game suspension for a second offense.”
Assuming Rambo is telling the truth — and I’m assuming he is, because if you knowingly eat a weed brownie on Spring break, you know you’re testing positive for weed when you show up for spring football practice — that must’ve been a terrifying feeling. First, there’s the intrinsic paranoia that comes with being high. Then, there’s the fact that you actually have something to feel really, really paranoid about. Namely: I’m going to get suspended from the football team, and I may have just messed up my future in the NFL.
The school has not officially announced the suspension yet, and Georgia’s athletic director had no comment. If it goes through, Rambo is considering the NFL supplemental draft. And I’m willing to bet he’s now terrified of brownies, which is a tragedy in of itself.
- Filed Under:
- georgia bulldogs
- Christy Mack, War Machine and Why the Internet Blames Women for Domestic Violence
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'