- Your 'Sharknado 2' Roundup Post, With Link To Live Streaming, Updates, And The Best 'Sharknado 2' Tweets
- Football In San Antonio? Raiders Meet With City Officials, Eyeing A Move To Lone Star State
- Shocking Madden 15 Cornerback Rankings Put Sherman-Peterson Beef To Rest
- Fun With Baseball-Reference: These Dudes Actually Existed And Went By These Ridiculous Names
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
An Autograph Hound Once Flew To Houston Just So He Could Board Another Plane And Sit Next To Johnny Manziel
Earlier we examined the behavior of sports fans who would risk injury to young children — in some cases, even their own — in order to obtain an autograph or piece of memorabilia from their favorite athlete.
And while the below doesn’t involve kids, well, it still rather fits with the theme. And isn’t Johnny Manziel practically a kid?
That's. Psychotic. RT @darrenrovell: In Dec, an autograph chaser flew to Houston, to board plane/sit in seat he knew wld be next to Manziel
— Bonnie Bernstein (@BonnieBernstein) August 7, 2013
And, here’s an update.
Autograph seeker who purposely booked himself on a flight next to Manziel offered him $ to sign on flight, Manziel turned it down.
— darren rovell (@darrenrovell) August 7, 2013
Re-jected. Don’t know if this occurred before the pay-for-autographs heat started coming down on Manziel by the NCAA, but still a dumb move by the fan.
Hard to believe that that autograph would have ever amounted to more than the travel expense it took to obtain it, anyway. So that leaves the hard truth that someone idolized a 20-year-old enough to fly to Houston (laugh track) just to get on another plane to get an autograph. Sweet Holy Maria. What a world.
- Filed Under:
- Johnny Manziel
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- Brett Favre Shows Off His Bulging Muscles
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?