- Jack White Doing His Best To Look Miserable At The Cubs Game
- Madden 15 Player Ratings: Top 5 Quarterbacks
- Tour de France: Thomas Voeckler Stops To Yell At Hecklers, Finishes Second
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: AFC East Preview & Sleepers
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
An Autograph Hound Once Flew To Houston Just So He Could Board Another Plane And Sit Next To Johnny Manziel
Earlier we examined the behavior of sports fans who would risk injury to young children — in some cases, even their own — in order to obtain an autograph or piece of memorabilia from their favorite athlete.
And while the below doesn’t involve kids, well, it still rather fits with the theme. And isn’t Johnny Manziel practically a kid?
That's. Psychotic. RT @darrenrovell: In Dec, an autograph chaser flew to Houston, to board plane/sit in seat he knew wld be next to Manziel
— Bonnie Bernstein (@BonnieBernstein) August 7, 2013
And, here’s an update.
Autograph seeker who purposely booked himself on a flight next to Manziel offered him $ to sign on flight, Manziel turned it down.
— darren rovell (@darrenrovell) August 7, 2013
Re-jected. Don’t know if this occurred before the pay-for-autographs heat started coming down on Manziel by the NCAA, but still a dumb move by the fan.
Hard to believe that that autograph would have ever amounted to more than the travel expense it took to obtain it, anyway. So that leaves the hard truth that someone idolized a 20-year-old enough to fly to Houston (laugh track) just to get on another plane to get an autograph. Sweet Holy Maria. What a world.
- Filed Under:
- Johnny Manziel
- Octagon Fight Spills Over to the Street
- Soccer Kick and Knee Combo is KO of the Week
- Tyrone Spong Makes Debut With a K.O.
- Damon Martin Joins Press Row