- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 5 Waiver Wire Pickup Power Rankings
- Notre Dame-Syracuse Fans Brawl In Douchebag National Championship
- Will Ferrell, Chris Rock And Kevin Hart Wish Derek Jeter Farewell
- More FIFA 15 Glitches, Like The Nude Midfielder And Ball-Less Throw-In
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
An Autograph Hound Once Flew To Houston Just So He Could Board Another Plane And Sit Next To Johnny Manziel
Earlier we examined the behavior of sports fans who would risk injury to young children — in some cases, even their own — in order to obtain an autograph or piece of memorabilia from their favorite athlete.
And while the below doesn’t involve kids, well, it still rather fits with the theme. And isn’t Johnny Manziel practically a kid?
That's. Psychotic. RT @darrenrovell: In Dec, an autograph chaser flew to Houston, to board plane/sit in seat he knew wld be next to Manziel
— Bonnie Bernstein (@BonnieBernstein) August 7, 2013
And, here’s an update.
Autograph seeker who purposely booked himself on a flight next to Manziel offered him $ to sign on flight, Manziel turned it down.
— darren rovell (@darrenrovell) August 7, 2013
Re-jected. Don’t know if this occurred before the pay-for-autographs heat started coming down on Manziel by the NCAA, but still a dumb move by the fan.
Hard to believe that that autograph would have ever amounted to more than the travel expense it took to obtain it, anyway. So that leaves the hard truth that someone idolized a 20-year-old enough to fly to Houston (laugh track) just to get on another plane to get an autograph. Sweet Holy Maria. What a world.
- Filed Under:
- Johnny Manziel
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts