- People Still Love Buying The Jersey Of The Browns' Backup Quarterback, For Some Reason
- SportsGrid's 2014 Pre-Camp NFL Power Rankings And Bold-Ass Predictions
- While Derek Jeter Gets #RE2PECT, Alex Rodriguez Gets A Whole Lot Of #F13K Yous
- Dutch Cyclist Claims He Switched Off Of Both Doomed Malaysian Airlines Flights
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Baylor RB Lache Seastrunk Guarantees 2013 Heisman, Is Generally Really Cocky
Lache Seastrunk doesn’t care much for this Johnny Football character. He’s a one-year wonder, Seastrunk thinks; he can’t possibly win a Heisman two years in a row. Ipso facto, Lache Seastrunk will win the 2013 Heisman Trophy. He guarantees it.
“I’m going to win the Heisman. I’m going to win it in 2013,” Seastrunk told the Sporting News this week. “If I don’t, I’m going to get very close. I’m shooting for that goal. I will gladly say it.”
Well, he backtracked a bit. But that’s still a guarantee.
Lache, in addition to his disdain for Señor Fútbol Americano, is not a fan of Braxton Miller, Marquise Lee, or any other supposed 2013 Heisman frontrunners. And he especially dislikes De’Anthony Thomas. Who says he’s so fast?
“I feel like there’s no back who can do what I do,” he told the Sporting News. “I know I’m the fastest back in the country. I know I’m the best back in the country. Nobody’s going to work harder.”
Yeah, De’Anthony Thomas is probably faster. But Seastrunk isn’t crazy, and he’s really, really good. And I don’t need to reference that other Baylor dude that wasn’t on anyone’s pre-season Heisman watch lists and won the award not long ago to support his case.
Is it smart to guarantee a Heisman? Probably not, but Lache gon’ Lache, and now we’ll see if he can back it up and win a Heisman on a mediocre team that will probably give up around 40 points per game, again. If he can pull an RGIII plus the added guarantee-swag: kudos. Kudos, Lache; kudos.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts