- The 10 Wackest Sports-Related Moves Of 2013
- It Sounds Like Both RGIII And Mike Shanahan Are Done For The Season [UPDATED]
- This New Billiards Game For PS4 Looks Terrifyingly Real
- College Basketball Top 25: A Lot Of Good Teams Got Dunked On Last Week
- Former Rutgers Player Sues Over Ex-Basketball Coach Rice's Behavior
Bobby Bowden: Joe Paterno’s Statue Should Be Taken Down
Via ESPN Radio’s Cory Giger, who hosts “Sports Central with Cory Giger” weekdays from 4-6 p.m on ESPN Radio 1450 in State College, comes news that former Florida State head coach Bobby Bowden — the man who sits behind Paterno on college football’s list of all-time winningest coaches — thinks Paterno’s iconic Happy Valley statue should be taken down.
The news comes via a tweet from Giger, and audio is not yet available. But if the comments are accurate, and Bowden — one of the game’s most prominent elder statesman and a guy who had a friendly rivalry with the former Penn State coach for years — does indeed think the statue should go, it might create a shift in opinion regarding the way Paterno’s legacy will be viewed going forward. We’ll have more as it becomes available.
- Roach Doesn't Want Pacquiao To Fight Provodnikov
- Head Injuries Are Part of Boxing But So Is Skill, Defense
- What Will The Bears Do Without Cutler?
- Pacquiao: Good Enough But Not the Same