- Rams Coach Blows Up Tony Dungy's 'Michael Sam Is A Distraction' Theory
- Check Out Daniela Ospina, Wife Of New Real Madrid Star,James Rodriguez
- Could The Entire Clippers Team Quit If Donald Sterling Remains The Owner?
- New And Rumored NBA Uniforms For The 2014-15 Season
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Bobby Bowden: Joe Paterno’s Statue Should Be Taken Down
Via ESPN Radio’s Cory Giger, who hosts “Sports Central with Cory Giger” weekdays from 4-6 p.m on ESPN Radio 1450 in State College, comes news that former Florida State head coach Bobby Bowden — the man who sits behind Paterno on college football’s list of all-time winningest coaches — thinks Paterno’s iconic Happy Valley statue should be taken down.
The news comes via a tweet from Giger, and audio is not yet available. But if the comments are accurate, and Bowden — one of the game’s most prominent elder statesman and a guy who had a friendly rivalry with the former Penn State coach for years — does indeed think the statue should go, it might create a shift in opinion regarding the way Paterno’s legacy will be viewed going forward. We’ll have more as it becomes available.
- Octagon Fight Spills Over to the Street
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee
- 10 Of The Most Gorgeous Women In Sports Today
- Damon Martin Joins Press Row