- Madden 15 Player Ratings: Top 5 Offensive Linemen
- Jimmy Fallon's 'Late Night Superlatives': Tour de France Edition
- The NBA Needs To Consider Relocation To Seattle And Louisville, Not Expansion
- Power Ranking The Most Offensive Team Names In Sports History
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Brutus Buckeye, The World’s Most Battered Mascot, Gets Owned Again
What is it about Brutus Buckeye that makes him such an obvious punching bag? Is it his freakishly oval head? The creepy, expressionless eyes? The hat that’s way too small for his head? His racial heritage (nut)? The answers are shrouded in mystery. All we know is that we have another case of extreme Brutus abuse in the state of Ohio, as the hapless mascot was absolutely destroyed while, of all things, attempting to catch a pass during a Buckeyes team scrimmage.
It happened on Saturday during Student Appreciation Day at Ohio Stadium, where Brutus for some reason was the target of a pass. That’s where he was met by sophomore linebacker David Perkins, who flattened Brutus with a rather vicious tackle.
Yikes. From 11 Warriors:
Many ‘oohs’ and ‘ahhs’ came from the estimated 2,500 students watching on either sideline. The student portraying the loveable nut popped right back up but quickly left. He was not seen again. There’s no word on whether he suffered an injury or if it was only his pride that was hurt.
Following practice, Perkins said he didn’t mean to hit Brutus so hard. But when a linebacker sees a ball carrier streaking down the field untouched, the juices get flowing.
Brutus’ complete 2013 stats: 1 reception, 4 yards (left team. Retired).
To be accurate, I also heard quite a few laughs in that video.
Poor Brutus. Sad, really.
Of course we all remember this, when Brutus was similarly destroyed by the Bobcat mascot of Ohio University prior to their 2010 nonconference football matchup:
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts