- SPORTSGRID ORIGINAL: The Future Of The Knicks (As Told By An 8-Year-Old)
- Important News: Jose Canseco To Appear In Movie 'Piranha Sharks'
- The NCAA's Talking Bench Sounds Like A Prison Inmate On The Prowl
- Tim Donaghy Says The NBA Is Rigged, Probably To Get You To Buy His Picks
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Charles Barkley Finally Weighs In On Johnny Manziel, And Of Course Miley Cyrus Gets Mentioned
How did we get this far into September without knowing what Charles Barkley thinks of Johnny Manziel? My guess is that Charles likes the young man’s style, what with the boozing and the womanizing and the signing of the autographs. He’s a free spirit — a Barkley kind of guy.
Let’s get the confirmation, as Barkley appeared on ESPN Chicago’s Waddle & Silvy radio show on Tuesday. Barkley:
“Hey listen, Johnny Manziel, he’s doing something that I never thought was possible. He’s going to make me root for Alabama this weekend. I thought I would never say those words. Johnny Manziel. I am so close to saying ‘Roll Tide’ — Johnny Manziel is annoying me so much that I am really close to saying ‘Roll Tide.’ “
Oh, I was so close. But the best part is yet to come. Barkley:
“They’re [Auburn fans] not going to be happy, but Johnny Manziel, oh my God, the only thing saving Johnny Manziel is Miley Cyrus. I mean, are you kidding me? That’s the only thing.
“I just think that Johnny Manziel has done a lot of stupid stuff in the last three or four months.”
And that’s coming from a guy who was cited for running a stop sign because he “was in a hurry to receive oral sex.”
By the way, Forbes.com is reporting that the average price of a ticket to Saturday’s Alabama-Texas A&M game — $763 on the secondary market — is the highest average price in regular season college football history.
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story