- Colbert Addresses Sean Hannity's Belt Whipping Adrian Peterson Defense
- Howard Stern Dude Interrupts Goodell Press Conference: 'Don't Take Me To An Elevator!'
- SNY Host Blasts Jeter As A Clown Fraud For Doing Gatorade Commercial
- The Best Running Backs To Snag Off The Waiver Wire This Week
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Some Of Jerry Sandusky’s Creepiness Didn’t Make It Onto TV
There were apparently so many creepy soundbites in Bob Costas’ interview with Jerry Sandusky that NBC couldn’t fit it all into Monday night’s “Rock Center” piece.
A full transcript of the interview, in which Sandusky took 16 seconds to answer a very simple yes or no question (“Are you sexually attracted to young boys?”) and further buried himself in the eyes of America, is now available. Not surprisingly, it’s gross stuff.
I can’t wholeheartedly recommend you read it unless you want to be mad for an hour afterwards, but there’s one part of the non-televised portion of the Costas-Sandusky interview that again makes Sandusky look very, very guilty.
19:00:28:00 But isn’t what you’re just describing the classic MO of many pedophiles? And that is that they gain the trust of young people, they don’t necessarily abuse every young person. There were hundreds, if not thousands of young boys you came into contact with, but there are allegations that at least eight of them were victimized. Many people believe there are more to come. So it’s entirely possible that you could’ve helped young boy A in some way that was not objectionable while horribly taking advantage of young boy B, C, D, and E. Isn’t that possible?
19:01:01:00 Well — you might think that. I don’t know. (LAUGHS) In terms of — my relationship with so many, many young people. I would — I would guess that there are many young people who would come forward. Many more young people who would come forward and say that my methods and — and what I had done for them made a very positive impact on their life. And I didn’t go around seeking out every young person for sexual needs that I’ve helped. There are many that I didn’t have — I hardly had any contact with who I have helped in many, many ways.
So, to recap: Costas pointed out that a lot of Sandusky’s admitted behavior fell in line with what a pedophile would do. Then Sandusky laughed, and he didn’t seek out “every” young person he’s helped for “sexual needs.” As Jon Stewart pointed out this week, those sound like the words of a man who is fighting the urge to come clean.
- Teila Tuli Heartbroken 20 Years After UFC
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee
- Dana White Speaks On Firing Chael Sonnen
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy