- Pretty Much Screwed: Why Your Team Won't Win The 2014 NBA Championship
- Worldstar Hip Hop Does Some Bad NBA Lip Reading
- Burger King Made Fun Of A Soccer Player For Being Fat, Might Get Sued For It
- Fantasy Baseball: Kyle Lohse Deserves More Props
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Whoops! Gary Danielson’s “Money” Gaffe During The Auburn-Alabama Telecast (Video)
CBS’ Gary Danielson made quite the Freudian slip during the 1st quarter of today’s Alabama-Auburn game.
When discussing Alabama’s early success in throwing the ball, Danielson had to cut himself off before he made a kind-of-unfortunate-but-not-really remark about paying college athletes.
“We were talking in the opening, Verne,” began Danielson. “About Julio Jones licking his chops. This is why: Auburn’s been susceptible to these great, big receivers in this league. You talk about the guys who earn their m-”
“Earn their yardage in this league.” (Emphasis added by us).
Nice save, Gary. To be fair, though, “the guys who earn their money” cliche is one that is often utilized by announcers, especially the football guys. The fact that it was almost used in the midst of a payment scandal involving Cam Newton (who was playing in this game) is just some unfortunate, albeit delicious, irony.
Danielson, to his credit, immediately owned up to his gaffe. His partner, Verne Lundquist, also got in on the fun.
“Nice to have you with us,” Lundquist joked.
“I’m going to get it for that one, aren’t I?” asked Danielson.
Yep. You probably will.
- Jessie James and NFL Star in Provocative Shoot
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Paulina Gretzky's Provocative Golf Digest Photoshoot
- Former Boston Red Sox First-Round Draft Pick Retires