- Sorry Warriors Fans, But Plans For This New Waterfront Arena Have Been Scrapped
- Did Gilbert Arenas Win $100,000 Betting On 'His' Washington Wizards?
- This Is Why You Should Always Give A Foul Ball To A Kid (VIDEO)
- The Indiana Pacers And Their Fans Deserve Each Other
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Dez Bryant Says He Never Got Paid At OKState, As SI-Bashing Continues
Check out Oklahoma State’s “Response Page” to allegations that its football program is crooked. Pretty impressive stuff, whipped up in record time: almost as if the university had been expecting trouble.
As you no doubt know, Sports Illustrated today issued part 1 of its five-part report on the Cowboys’ football program, in which it alleges that Oklahoma State players got paid and boosters broke rules from 2001 through 2010.
As we know from the Penn State scandal, etc., this is a game that’s played in the media as much as it is in the administrative offices of the respective colleges and the NCAA. And OSU is playing the game well so far, having lined up dozens of supporters — including billionaire T. Boone Pickens.
Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant, who was widely considered the best wide receiver in college when he played for Oklahoma State in 2007 and ’08, has also joined the support group. He tweets that no one ever paid him, monetarily or otherwise.
— Smart Football (@smartfootball) September 10, 2013
— Dez Bryant (@DezBryant) September 10, 2013
Obviously more on this as it develops, including many Mike Gundy “I’m a man, I’m 40!” references. Should be fun.
- Filed Under:
- oklahoma state
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story