- The Decemberists: Best Photos From Sunday's NFL Snow Games
- This Is How You Sonic? Missouri Fast Food Joint Apologizes For Racist Sign
- The Steelers Are Losing A Draft Pick Because Of Mike Tomlin
- Chargers Fans Make Giant Cutout Of Eli Manning As A Woman
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
Did Texas A&M Land A Helicopter Full Of Coaches To Scout A Texas High School Football Game On Friday?
Texas A&M is searching for the next Johnny Football, and apparently a quest goes much faster by helicopter. Word is that the Aggies sent coaches to scout Friday night’s Allen vs. Plano West high school game in a Texas A&M-painted helicopter, buzzing the stadium and then landing on a practice field adjacent to the game in Plano. (Both schools are just north of Dallas).
I thought a kid had died or something when that helicopter flew in….nope just A&M scouts pic.twitter.com/EbiJigjNWR
— Green Mile (@j_muta) October 19, 2013
Who were they there to see? Allen quarterback Kyler Murray, a highly-rated junior who passed for more than 2,000 yards and rushed for more than 1,300 yards with 42 touchdowns last season.
Some at the game were convinced that Johnny Manziel himself was in the helicopter, although that’s probably not the case. If Johnny Football wasn’t on board, though, we can assume that the money he’s bringing in to A&M paid for the transportation.
Helicopter flies into the Allen vs Plano West game I ask Plano police officer if someone hurt he tells me it's A&M scouts #Fancy#TexasFB
— Jane Slater (@Slatersnews) October 19, 2013
— Luke Everhart (@Lukeeverhart14) October 19, 2013
Murray threw for four touchdowns as Allen beat West Plano 77-37.
- Filed Under:
- Johnny Manziel
- Holly Holm Takes Nikki Knudsen Down
- Verlander and Kate Upton are an Item
- Pacquiao: Good Enough But Not the Same
- The Best Shots From Pacquiao Vs. Rios