- SPORTSGRID ORIGINAL: The Future Of The Knicks (As Told By An 8-Year-Old)
- Frank Caliendo As Jon Gruden Vs. Jon Gruden In Jon Gruden's QB
- Minor League Hockey Player Gives Stick To Young Fan, Makes World A Better Place
- Doc Ellis Explains The Long, Amazing Legacy Of Cheating In Baseball
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Duke University “F*ck List” Goes Viral, Detailing Woman’s Sexual Encounters With College Athletes
When a young woman documented her hookups with a series of baseball and lacrosse players from Duke University, she thought only her close friends would see it.
But the list, which includes names, pictures, and extremely detailed ratings of the men she had sex with, was apparently emailed to someone outside of that circle of friends. Who then emailed another person. And then another. Until it had appeared in hundreds of inboxes, numerous list servs, and, eventually, our tips box.
The list itself, a “thesis” titled, “An education beyond the classroom: excelling in the realm of horizontal academics,” is a series of Power Point slides that examine each of the student’s college hookups, often in explicit detail.
So as some of us began the process of blocking out names and blurring out faces on the Power Point, we wrestled the question of what to do with it. Do we publish it at all? Do we publish excerpts? Do we provide the summary of the details in a post?
As we decided what to do with the list, Jezebel and Deadspin had gotten it up, with Deadspin initially putting up all of the Power Point slides without obscuring any identities (they have since edited out names). This has, of course, led to a bit of a… oh, what’s the word… shitstorm for the site, with the publication of the “thesis” causing obvious embarrassment for those involved, legal action being explored by those named, so on and so forth.
The woman herself (who we won’t name, but her identity is widely known at this point) has shuttered all of her social networking accounts – Facebook, LinkedIn, everything – and told Jezebel, “I regret it with all my heart. I would never intentionally hurt the people that are mentioned on that.”
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story