- Everybody Is Hating On The NBA's Sleeved Jerseys
- The Most Powerful Photo From The Sochi Winter Games
- Meet The World's Most Moronic Douche Bro: This UC Santa Barbara Fan
- Off The Grid: Rule Changes, Video Game Memories And Attempted Improv
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Eminem, Brent Musberger, And Kirk Herbstreit Have The Most Awkward Conversation In History Of Live Television
Being a Michigan native, Eminem naturally likes Michigan football. Maybe. Ok, fine — he’s promoting his new album The Marshall Mathers LP 2. ESPN invited him up into the press box to chitchat with two people who live on the other end of universe: Brent Musberger and Kirk Herbstreit. As if that wasn’t enough to make things awkward, Eminem is either intentionally acting high, he’s actually high, or he’s so burnt out from being high that he goes in and out of consciousness…
Because that pause in the beginning of the interview felt like it lasted FOREVER.
Ok, so we may never know what’s going on here, but given his history with drugs, as well as the fact that his new album is pretty much a story about addiction and “recovery,” one could assume that he wasn’t exactly fresh as a daisy going into this “interview,” if you catch my drift. He was recently quoted in Rolling Stone “that he was taking up to 60 Valium and 30 Vicodin pills a day” at the peak of his problem. Holy shit. Musberger and Herbstreit could get a contact high from just asking him dumb questions he doesn’t feel like answering.
For the record, we’re not saying Eminem was on drugs when he went on ESPN. We’re speculating that it’s a plausible justification for how awkward the whole thing was. Lord knows being on TV is nerve wracking. Maybe it was just butterflies in his stomach, and not 90 doses of prescription opioids. Right? What was the question?
Or he’s just messing with them for publicity. If that’s the case — well done, Marshall. Either way, ou’ll be able to buy the album here when it drops November 4th.
- Will There Ever Be Another Tony Gonzalez?
- Trade Bait: The Fate of Chris Johnson
- 2014 NFL Draft: Top 5 Running Back Prospects
- 2014 Fantasy Football: Early Peek at the Top 10 Quarterbacks