- This Is The Week That Was: It's Sportscrap For Sunday, Sept. 14
- RGIII Is Injured Again ... DeSean Jackson Also Hurt (With Updates)
- Dan Snyder: NFL 'Fortunate' To Have Roger Goodell As Commissioner
- NBA 2K15 News: Put Any Player From Any Era On Any Team For Any Reason
- Manning, Elway Dispute Suggestion That Wes Welker's Suspension Was A Shocker
ESPN Announcer Whose Mic Was Accidentally Left On: “My God, These Are the Longest Games Ever”
ESPN announcers Mike Tirico, Ron Jaworski, and Jon Gruden are apparently a very chatty and broey bunch. That much we learned during a commercial break for Monday night’s Orange Bowl, when the three announcers’ microphones were left on during a commercial break.
When you watch a streaming sporting event on ESPN3.com, they don’t have conventional commercial breaks. Instead, when the television broadcast goes to a break, you’re left with what Slate classifies as “footage you normally wouldn’t” see or hear.
Here was the exchange between Tirico, Jaworski, and Gruden. Apparently, someone owes someone else lunch, and these games are just too damn long (which is something we can all agree with).
Here’s the transcript of the exchange:
(?): “You owe me dinner, bro.”
Tirico: “Yep, no problem.”
Gruden: “Go ahead Jaws, have another lozenge.”
Jaworski (celebratory): “God dang, I made it!”
Gruden: “My God, these are the longest games ever.”
Jaworski: “Holy cow.”
Tirico: “Wait ‘til Monday.”
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- B.J. Penn Was Called "The Prodigy" for a Reason
- Jets Unsuccessfully Attempt to Convince Superfan to Return to Games
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy