- The Most Powerful Photo From The Sochi Winter Games
- You Know It's Spring Training When Curtis Granderson Is Rubbing Your Butt
- Baron Davis's Comeback: Part 3
- Off The Grid: Rule Changes, Video Game Memories And Attempted Improv
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
ESPN Announcer Whose Mic Was Accidentally Left On: “My God, These Are the Longest Games Ever”
ESPN announcers Mike Tirico, Ron Jaworski, and Jon Gruden are apparently a very chatty and broey bunch. That much we learned during a commercial break for Monday night’s Orange Bowl, when the three announcers’ microphones were left on during a commercial break.
When you watch a streaming sporting event on ESPN3.com, they don’t have conventional commercial breaks. Instead, when the television broadcast goes to a break, you’re left with what Slate classifies as “footage you normally wouldn’t” see or hear.
Here was the exchange between Tirico, Jaworski, and Gruden. Apparently, someone owes someone else lunch, and these games are just too damn long (which is something we can all agree with).
Here’s the transcript of the exchange:
(?): “You owe me dinner, bro.”
Tirico: “Yep, no problem.”
Gruden: “Go ahead Jaws, have another lozenge.”
Jaworski (celebratory): “God dang, I made it!”
Gruden: “My God, these are the longest games ever.”
Jaworski: “Holy cow.”
Tirico: “Wait ‘til Monday.”
- What Should Vikings Do in Free Agency?
- CBS Adds Tony Gonzalez As NFL Analyst, Drops Dan Marino, Shannon Sharpe
- Kyrie Irving's 20 Best Crossovers
- AJ McCarron Impressing With Arm, Despite Lack Of Speed