- HOUSTON SPROCKETS: Minimalist MLB, NHL, And NBA Logos Are Good Design
- 'Seinfeld Night' Is The Greatest Stadium Promotion Of All-Time
- Why The Spurs Are Truly The Best Team In The League This Year
- What The Hell Is With This Lance Armstrong Instructional Video?
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Florida Atlantic Has Sold Its Football Stadium Naming Rights To A Prison Company
The Geo Group operates prisons throughout the world, and they apparently measure their success in bed count. In that they house people, lots of people, in close quarters, purchasing the naming rights to a stadium makes sense. Purchasing the naming rights to Florida Atlantic’s football stadium in particular makes even more sense, because the company’s CEO, George Zoley, earned his bachelor’s and master’s degree in public administration from Florida Atlantic. The name of the stadium and length of the contract have yet to be revealed, but FAU stands to rake in $5 million from the deal.
This isn’t the first time a team has (literally) whored itself out to make a quick sponsorship buck, and it won’t be the last. But as for why a prison company would need to advertise so publicly, our only explanation stems from the company’s need to dust off its image, what with the “riots, deadly beating, filth,” and all; not to mention accusations of human rights violations, which we assume are bad for business.
- I Could Make More Money at McDonalds
- Aaron Hernandez's Jailhouse Attack Victim Released
- Smartest Fighter in UFC?
- UFC 170 Salaries Revealed