- Team USA Stares Blankly As New Zealand Team Performs Ceremonial Haka Dance
- Fantasy Football: Week 1 QB Rankings, Starts And Sleepers
- Derek Carr Avenges His Brother's NFL Death By Replacing Matt Schaub As Raiders QB
- Calif. High School Dumps Arab Mascot 'The Arab' Amid Outcry
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
A Cancer Patient And Her Family Are Going To The BCS Title Game… Thanks To An Offensive Lineman
Florida State will play Auburn in the BCS National Championship Game… and a young cancer patient and his family will be in attendance, thanks to the charitable efforts of Seminoles offensive lineman Mike Scheerhorn.
Here’s the letter he wrote on crowdsourcing website Crowdrise.
Hi! My name is Mikey Scheerhorn and I am an offensive lineman with the FSU SEMINOLES who will be playing in the upcoming BCS Championship game in Pasadena, CA on January 6th.
When my brother Daniel was diagnosed with Medulloblastoma – a form of brain cancer – it was devastating to my entire family. Everything changed in a heartbeat. While Daniel’s medical team worked to cure his cancer, we soon found that it was going to take more than medicine for our whole family to beat this thing which had so suddenly and dramatically invaded our lives. The Children’s Cancer Center understands that, and we were fortunate to receive their help. They provided all kinds of day-to-day support for our entire family at a time when we needed it most.
Now I would like to pay that kindness forward, so I’m sending a child and her parent to the BCS Championship game in Pasadena!
I have two tickets for them from my personal allocation, but I need help getting the family there.
The total cost will be around $5000 including airfares, hotel stay, car rental, etc. and it is my dream that together we can raise that money here so that the Children’s Cancer Center will not have to spend a single penny.
CAN YOU HELP? Donating any amount – from a few bucks to a few hundred – is appreciated. Every bit helps. *ANY LEFT OVER MONEY WILL BE DONATED DIRECTLY TO THE CHILDRENS CANCER CENTER* I have no access to the money.
Thank you – and GO NOLES!
You can donate HERE… where the goal has already been surpassed, currently at $10,743. Awesome.
- Filed Under:
- Florida State
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship
- Teila Tuli Heartbroken 20 Years After UFC
- Cheerleader Dances Through Laughable Wardrobe Mishap
- Dana White Speaks On Firing Chael Sonnen