- SPORTSGRID ORIGINAL: The Future Of The Knicks (As Told By An 8-Year-Old)
- Important News: Jose Canseco To Appear In Movie 'Piranha Sharks'
- The NCAA's Talking Bench Sounds Like A Prison Inmate On The Prowl
- Tim Donaghy Says The NBA Is Rigged, Probably To Get You To Buy His Picks
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
A Cancer Patient And Her Family Are Going To The BCS Title Game… Thanks To An Offensive Lineman
Florida State will play Auburn in the BCS National Championship Game… and a young cancer patient and his family will be in attendance, thanks to the charitable efforts of Seminoles offensive lineman Mike Scheerhorn.
Here’s the letter he wrote on crowdsourcing website Crowdrise.
Hi! My name is Mikey Scheerhorn and I am an offensive lineman with the FSU SEMINOLES who will be playing in the upcoming BCS Championship game in Pasadena, CA on January 6th.
When my brother Daniel was diagnosed with Medulloblastoma – a form of brain cancer – it was devastating to my entire family. Everything changed in a heartbeat. While Daniel’s medical team worked to cure his cancer, we soon found that it was going to take more than medicine for our whole family to beat this thing which had so suddenly and dramatically invaded our lives. The Children’s Cancer Center understands that, and we were fortunate to receive their help. They provided all kinds of day-to-day support for our entire family at a time when we needed it most.
Now I would like to pay that kindness forward, so I’m sending a child and her parent to the BCS Championship game in Pasadena!
I have two tickets for them from my personal allocation, but I need help getting the family there.
The total cost will be around $5000 including airfares, hotel stay, car rental, etc. and it is my dream that together we can raise that money here so that the Children’s Cancer Center will not have to spend a single penny.
CAN YOU HELP? Donating any amount – from a few bucks to a few hundred – is appreciated. Every bit helps. *ANY LEFT OVER MONEY WILL BE DONATED DIRECTLY TO THE CHILDRENS CANCER CENTER* I have no access to the money.
Thank you – and GO NOLES!
You can donate HERE… where the goal has already been surpassed, currently at $10,743. Awesome.
- Filed Under:
- Florida State
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story