- Backup RB Roundup: Carlos Hyde, Devonta Freeman, Knowshon Moreno
- The Daily Show Reports On The Reporting Of Michael Sam's Showering Habits
- Hey Josh Gordon, Here's How You Beat A Drug Test Now That You're A Marked Man
- NBA 2K15 Will Feature Ernie And Shaq, But Not Charles
- Brett Favre Talks Returning To Green Bay, No Regrets About NFL Career
10 Fantastic Names Of Hotshot High School Football Prospects
We’re just one week removed from national signing day for high school prospects, and you know what that means: time to start looking forward to next year’s signing day! Today, to help you do just that, Rivals released its initial list of the top 100 players in the high school class of 2013. As we were looking over this list, though, something jumped out at us even more than these players’ talents: their names. True, recruiting always provides for some good fodder in this area, but these seemed even better than usual. With that in mind, our 10 favorites from the list. Photos from Rivals unless otherwise noted:
With a last name like “Tenpenny,” he should really be wearing a monocle and top hat everywhere he goes. Including the football field. (He would wear the top hat on top of his helmet.)
Other names just sound cool. This is one of those names. Can’t you just picture him smoothly running around the field like a deer, leaving defenders tripping over themselves in his wake?
Wordplay potential: endless. Which position do you think he will likely end up playing? Which school will he likely choose? Will you likely punch me in the face if I do any more of these? (Yes.)
Vernon Hargreaves III
The name says “Laremy Tunsil.” We keep seeing “Laramie Tonsil,” which would be Wyoming’s finest oral surgery practice, or something.
Another one that just sounds smooth, but would be improved exponentially if he wound up at Missouri. Why? He’d then be Mizzou’s Mizzell. Make it happen, Gary Pinkel.
E.J. Levenberry Jr.
A mouthful for any announcer who has to say that name – he has the rare combo of “initials first name” and “Jr.” affixed on the end. Add “Levenberry’ in the middle and there’s really a lot going on here.
This, we assume, is his favorite website.
This one’s nothing short of sublime. He’s a defensive end! Dee Liner is literally a d-liner! There hasn’t been a name this fitting since Dustin Lineback. And just think – this list was only from the top 100 players in the country. Factor in the eventual classes of all FBS teams, and this could be the best name year yet. (We can dream.)
- Alexander Gustafsson's Trainer: 'We Are Not Happy'
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- Rampage Jackson will Fight Rematch with King Mo
- Drew Brees "Randomly" Drug Tested After Career Comments