- Our NBA Power Rankings: Once Again, Everyone Is Underestimating The Spurs
- U.S. Men Smashed The 4x400 Relay Record, Reportedly Received 'Love' Afterwards
- Minnesota Representative's Racist NBA Tweet Leaves A Big Mess
- Spring Training Talk: Jose Abreu Is Hot, Cole Hamels Is Not
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Ouch! Jim Harbaugh Snubs ESPN’s Michelle Tafoya After Orange Bowl Win
Jim Harbaugh has had to answer plenty of questions lately—about his coaching future, the NFL prospects of quarterback Andrew Luck and, every once in awhile, about an actual football game. Understandably, the Stanford coach seemed tired of answering questions when Michelle Tafoya approached him after his team won the Orange Bowl.
Countless reporters asked some variation of the same question: “Where will you be next season?” It’s safe to assume Tafoya would have got around to asking had Harbaugh stuck around, but she didn’t have time. The Stanford coach put on his best smile and gave the stock answer “the credit goes to our players,” even though that had nothing do with the question.
He then immediately passed the ESPN reporter off to one of his players and walked away. Watch the incident here.
After taking Stanford from the bottom of the Pac-10 to the top 5 in college football, Harbaugh is a hot commodity. Talk has heated up over the last month as to where he will be next season (Detroit News columnist Bob Wojnowski tweeted: Anyone know what time ESPN is televising the Harbaugh Decision, and whether Jim Gray will ask questions for 16 minutes beforehand?).
Earlier reports indicated that the Stanford coach could be heading to his Alma Mater, Michigan. However, the Detroit Free Press is now reporting that it’s unlikely he is heading to the Big House. Harbaugh could join his brother—who coaches the Baltimore Ravens—in the pro ranks, as the San Francisco 49ers and Denver Broncos are reportedly interested. Regardless of where he ends up next year, the former Michigan quarterback made the right choice by sealing his lips, keeping it about the players, and letting them enjoy their victory.
- 15 Hottest Daughters of Professional Athletes
- Real Basketball Wives That Cheated On Their Ballers
- Cavaliers' Andrew Bynum Suspended For Scandalous Affair?!
- Dez Bryant Releases Shocking Statement