- Fantasy Football: Week 8 Waiver Wire Pickup Power Rankings
- Peyton Manning Is Still Eight Touchdowns Behind Brett Favre, If You Include Pick-Sixes
- Of Course The Cowboys' Joseph Randle Has Signed An Underwear Endorsement Deal
- The Bucks Are Gathering Investors -- Will They Be Enough To Keep The Team In Milwaukee?
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Here’s Why Oregon’s Quarterback Is A Genius, Will Barely Attend Classes This Season
If you’re looking for a college quarterback to take the leap this year, I’d bet on Marcus Mariota, redshirt junior at Oregon. Unlike many of his peers, Mariota won’t even have to pretend like he’s going to classes. The Honolulu native loaded up on credits last year, taking 20 in all to complete his general science degree in three years. So here’s his schedule this fall:
Oregon QB Marcus Mariota will be pretty focused on football this fall. His final 2 courses for credit this fall? Golf & yoga.
— Ted Miller (@TedMillerRK) July 26, 2014
Golf and yoga, twice a week. That’s it. No biology. No English literature in the 1800s. No Russian history. No, um, “African-American Studies.” Sure, most athletes don’t really have classes either, but at least Mariota now has a degree that he can use after his playing career is over (he wants to go into physical therapy).
Mariota was already projected as a top QB prospect in next year’s NFL Draft. If all this yoga, golf and football practice pays off, watch him rocket up the board.
Photo via Getty
- Filed Under:
- marcus mariota
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts