- Pretty Much Screwed: Why Your Team Won't Win The 2014 NBA Championship
- Worldstar Hip Hop Does Some Bad NBA Lip Reading
- Burger King Made Fun Of A Soccer Player For Being Fat, Might Get Sued For It
- Fantasy Baseball: Kyle Lohse Deserves More Props
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Holy Crap, Lane Kiffin’s Been Fired
Trying to recall the last time a coach got fired between midnight at 5 a.m., and can’t come up with anything. Lane Kiffin officially lost his job at USC at 4:50 a.m. PST, and, well, it IS National Coffee Day, so I guess Pat Haden was up early anyway. Haden announced the embattled coach had been “relieved of his duties” with the football team following the Trojans’ 62-41 loss to Arizona State just hours before. So I guess 62 is the magic number that gets you canned in the wee hours.
According to multiple sources Haden fired Kiffin in an airport parking lot.
Lane Kiffin has been relieved of his duties as USC’s head football coach, Trojan athletic director Pat Haden announced early today (Sept. 29).
Haden informed Kiffin of his termination upon the team charter’s arrival back in Los Angeles early Sunday morning following USC’s 62-41 loss at Arizona State.
Kiffin’s Trojans have lost 7 of their past 11 games. USC is 3-2 this year and has lost both of its Pac-12 games. His overall record in 4 years at USC is 28-15.
Haden will hold a press conference at USC on Sunday afternoon at a time and place to be announced.
Tough to measure exactly how badly USC wanted to fire Lane Kiffin. But they announced it at 4:50 am local time. So… I guess pretty badly
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) September 29, 2013
Lane Kiffin has $4.8 m left on his USC contract. He'll get large portion of it. Firings not end of world for coaches. http://t.co/1sYdeSR54w
— Michael McCann (@McCannSportsLaw) September 29, 2013
Lane Kiffin has been fired by USC. But let's remember the good times:
— SportsPickle (@sportspickle) September 29, 2013
Now, who do you want to be USC’s new coach?
- Filed Under:
- lane kiffin
- Nelson Frazier Jr. aka Mabel, Big Daddy V Reportedly Dead
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Paulina Gretzky's Provocative Golf Digest Photoshoot
- UFC 170 Salaries Revealed