- Greg Anthony On CNN: It's 'Your Opinion' That Adrian Peterson Is Guilty
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's Hawaii Mansion On The Market For $5.9 Million, Has Very High Door Frames
- 7 Shitty Things That Happened, Or Didn't Happen, In Fantasy Football: Week 2
- Colin Kaepernick Denies Saying Anything For Landmark 'Inappropriate Language' Penalty
- Manning, Elway Dispute Suggestion That Wes Welker's Suspension Was A Shocker
Illinois High School Running Back Sets State Record With 520 Yards In One Game
Kapri Bibbs, a senior running back for Plainfield North (III.) High in Chicago, Illinois, ran for 520 yards and seven touchdowns on 39 carries last Friday in a 49-43 win over Oswego. Shocker–Bibbs’ performance set a new state record. the first player in Illinois to gain more than 500 yards on the ground.
Bibbs, the first player in Illinois to gain more than 500 yards on the ground in a game, is taking his talents to Colorado State next year. I’m sure Rams fans are happy they’ll have something to cheer about…though I’m wondering if Lane Kiffin sent some hostesses Bibbs’ way this week to try to convince him to head elsewhere. Bibbs is only ranked as the 24th best player in Illinois and is rated as a 5.6 (mid-three-star prospect) on Rivals, but apparently runs a 4.4-second 40-yard dash.
He may not be a quarterback and he may opt for the butterfly-tie, but this performance is certainly reminiscent of every game Denard “Shoelace” Robinson plays in. I’m sure Bibbs wasn’t exactly facing stout opposition (Oswego is 3-3), but 520 yards is 520 yards any way you slice it, particularly in a competitive game when the defense is gearing for the run.
I don’t know what’s most impressive about this performance: that Bibbs accounted for all seven of his team’s touchdowns or that he gained all but 26 yards that his team recorded. Either way, Bibbs is a certified boss after that effort.
Rivals.com photo, via
- Dana White Speaks On Firing Chael Sonnen
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee
- WWE Divas Rosa Mendes and Eva Marie's Sexy Videos!
- KO of the Week: Palomino v Macaco