- Sorry Warriors Fans, But Plans For This New Waterfront Arena Have Been Scrapped
- Did Gilbert Arenas Win $100,000 Betting On 'His' Washington Wizards?
- This Is Why You Should Always Give A Foul Ball To A Kid (VIDEO)
- The Indiana Pacers And Their Fans Deserve Each Other
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Iowa Field Runner ‘Vodka Samm’ Speaks Out For First Time Since Blowing A .341 In Jail
We’ve all had long days of doing stuff we regret — but probably nothing quite like Samantha Goudie. She got wasted at the Iowa Northern Illinois game, tried to run on the field, couldn’t because she was .06 BAC away from an alcohol induced coma, went to jail, triumphantly tweeted about it…and then had to go back to normal life the next day.
As “Vodka Samm,” the “female idiot” who tried to run on the field. It was like the 22-year-old American college girl version of Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride. Except she didn’t want the fame after the booze cleared her system. You can thank Deadspin for that…
Her mea culpa (above), suggests she struggles with depression and an eating disorder, ultimately shedding some light on why she may have gotten so drunk in the first place. (No food, all vodka?) She even turns the tables, and tries to define her situation as one where she did the right thing — by turning down the fame that followed her infamous day at the game.
Was that the right thing to say — even though “@Vodka_Samm” was her self-appointed Twitter handle? Is she avoiding responsibility? Does she get credit for not “running” with this? We think she’s righting the ship. Let’s hope other college kids are watching: Even though it’s college, real life rules still apply. Save yourself the trouble. Stop drinking before you do something you’ll regret. Here’s her quote:
[Via Lost Letterman] “I could have easily taken this opportunity, and ran with it, and been ‘Vodka Samm’ my entire life,” Goudie said in the interview posted on YouTube. “But that’s not why I came to college, I didn’t come to college to drink and be Vodka Samm.”
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story