- The 13 Best Moments From Eli Manning's Epic Reddit AMA
- Bob Arum: Pacquiao Mayweather Fight Going To Happen In 2015
- This Is Totally Your Year: The 2014-15 Arizona Cardinals Season Preview
- Disguised Nick Foles Catches Fantasy Drafters Not Drafting Nick Foles
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Iowa State Upsets Iowa, Claims Interim Cy-Hawk Trophy, Proceeds To Destroy It
The Iowa State Cyclones beat rival Iowa 44-41 in triple overtime Saturday, giving them rights to the Cy-Hawk Trophy — or it would if that trophy were not being quietly redesigned after mass public derision. So it figures moments after winning this ersatz trophy that Iowa State students, players, or fans would immediately destroy it.
If you’ve for some reason forgotten, the new Cy-Hawk Trophy was introduced several weeks ago only to be withdrawn after it earned nearly unanimous disapproval from the public. It looks like whatever trophy they found to serve in the interim wasn’t exactly up to the task. Look closely at the trophy in one piece right before the Fox Sports announcers send it down to Jim Knox on the field. Then look at it when they cut back to the crowd shot — it’s in several pieces.
Video from Fox Sports.
Follow Timothy on Twitter at @bubbaprog.
- Alexander Gustafsson's Trainer: 'We Are Not Happy'
- Ronda Rousey's Acting Debut
- Cheerleader Dances Through Laughable Wardrobe Mishap
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead