- Jozy Altidore Sets U.S. Record With Goal, Further Erases Memories Of Landon Donovan
- The Prancing Elites All-Male Dance Team Will One Day Rule The Sports World
- Shame Of Miami: Police Called As Heat Fans Who Left Early Pound On Doors To Be Let Back In
- Think Hitting One R.A. Dickey Knuckleball is Hard? Try Hitting Six At Once
- FIFA Rules Male Players Can Wear Turbans, Overruling CSA
Iowa State Upsets Iowa, Claims Interim Cy-Hawk Trophy, Proceeds To Destroy It
The Iowa State Cyclones beat rival Iowa 44-41 in triple overtime Saturday, giving them rights to the Cy-Hawk Trophy — or it would if that trophy were not being quietly redesigned after mass public derision. So it figures moments after winning this ersatz trophy that Iowa State students, players, or fans would immediately destroy it.
If you’ve for some reason forgotten, the new Cy-Hawk Trophy was introduced several weeks ago only to be withdrawn after it earned nearly unanimous disapproval from the public. It looks like whatever trophy they found to serve in the interim wasn’t exactly up to the task. Look closely at the trophy in one piece right before the Fox Sports announcers send it down to Jim Knox on the field. Then look at it when they cut back to the crowd shot — it’s in several pieces.
Video from Fox Sports.
Follow Timothy on Twitter at @bubbaprog.
- Should Marijuana Be Banned In The MMA?
- 15 Hottest Daughters of Professional Athletes
- Boxer Dies Protecting Daughter
- Top 12 Bankrupt NFL players