- Brian Hoyer Is A Ford Bronco; Johnny Manziel Is A 1970's Jaguar. What Would You Choose?
- Jason Whitlock Explains Why The Seahawks Might Think Russell Wilson 'Isn't Black Enough'
- Lisa Ann Takes 19-Year-Old Notre Dame WR To Knicks Game, Sex Town
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 FLEX Rankings, Starts & Sits
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Sons Of Anarchy: Arnold Palmer Rides With The Demon Deacon
Arnold Palmer got a statue at the Arnold Palmer Golf Complex in Winston-Salem, N.C., which was unvieled today – Palmer is a Wake Forest grad, winning three golf titles there from 1949-53. So of course the football team honored Palmer by hauling him out onto the field on a motorcycle driven by their mascot, the Demon Deacon, before the Maryland game.
Palmer is 84. I wouldn’t have the nerve to do this.
Of course we're going to win. We have Arnold Palmer on a motorcycle. pic.twitter.com/yHoEZEbnhG
— Ayla Acosta (@aylanicole_) October 19, 2013
According to Wake Forest, the statue weighs 1,392 pounds, stands 9 feet tall and has an overall height of just under 13 feet to the top of the golf club. It was created by Bruce Wolfe, who began the project in his native Northern California some two years ago. Wolfe and his team spent 18 months developing the clay model, and once it was completed, it was transported to a foundry in New York, where another nine months was spent on casting and finishing.
- Filed Under:
- arnold palmer
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts