- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 QB Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Hunter Pence Making World More Educated, One Library Book At A Time
- Your Comprehensive Guide To Giants-Royals World Series Intangibles
- KICKERS HAVE ALL THE FUN: Pornstar Tells Excellent Sebastian Janikowski Story
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Vanderbilt’s James Franklin Is Fired Up
Vanderbilt football coach James Franklin is a fiery guy. That’s his personality, and he’s used it to his advantage by rebuilding the Commodores in his image. His attitude is at the heart of why they’ve made it to two straight bowls for the first time in program history, it’s at the heart of why Vandy’s recruiting better than it ever has, and it’s at the heart of why his team just finished the year 9-4 with a 38-24 Music City Bowl win over N.C. State. Don’t believe us that Franklin wears his heart on his sleeve at all times? Perhaps a few moments from today’s game will change your mind. First up:
And here he was after a Vandy player accidentally stopped his own guy during an interception return:
Like we said… fiery guy. Too fiery? Well… doesn’t seem like it. While it’s far from an exhaustive sampling, here are a few real-time reactions to Franklin’s theatrics:
I could watch that video of James Franklin yelling, all day! That was great.
— Big Ben (@BigBenPreds) December 31, 2012
WOW, I love James Franklin! He was killing that linemen.
— The SEC Logo (@SEC_Logo) December 31, 2012
James Franklin looks Nick Saban angry. I like it.
— Forrest Gump(@RunGumpSTOP) December 31, 2012
James Franklin is hands down my favorite college football coach. His passion and intensity is something missing in sports today. #Vandy
— Ryno St. Marie (@BigDogSaint23) December 31, 2012
The style’s not for everyone, but there’s more praise than condemnation. And besides, it’s not all about the yelling. When Frankin’s happy, he shows that, too. How outwardly does he show it, you ask? Well…
Love or hate his methods, you sure can’t say he doesn’t let you know where you stand.
- Filed Under:
- Vanderbilt Commodores
- Why Is The Featherweight Division In Trouble?
- Carmelo Anthony Is 'Magnetic,' According To His Shirt
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts
- The Top 10 Hottest NFL Draft WAGs