- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 5 WR Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Colbert On Husain Abdullah's Wrongly Penalized TD Prayer
- 10 More Reasons You Should Try The Diet LeBron James Used To Lose Weight
- Week 5 Survivor Pool: 3 Locks, 2 Values And An Upset Special
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Vanderbilt’s James Franklin Is Fired Up
Vanderbilt football coach James Franklin is a fiery guy. That’s his personality, and he’s used it to his advantage by rebuilding the Commodores in his image. His attitude is at the heart of why they’ve made it to two straight bowls for the first time in program history, it’s at the heart of why Vandy’s recruiting better than it ever has, and it’s at the heart of why his team just finished the year 9-4 with a 38-24 Music City Bowl win over N.C. State. Don’t believe us that Franklin wears his heart on his sleeve at all times? Perhaps a few moments from today’s game will change your mind. First up:
And here he was after a Vandy player accidentally stopped his own guy during an interception return:
Like we said… fiery guy. Too fiery? Well… doesn’t seem like it. While it’s far from an exhaustive sampling, here are a few real-time reactions to Franklin’s theatrics:
I could watch that video of James Franklin yelling, all day! That was great.
— Big Ben (@BigBenPreds) December 31, 2012
WOW, I love James Franklin! He was killing that linemen.
— The SEC Logo (@SEC_Logo) December 31, 2012
James Franklin looks Nick Saban angry. I like it.
— Forrest Gump(@RunGumpSTOP) December 31, 2012
James Franklin is hands down my favorite college football coach. His passion and intensity is something missing in sports today. #Vandy
— Ryno St. Marie (@BigDogSaint23) December 31, 2012
The style’s not for everyone, but there’s more praise than condemnation. And besides, it’s not all about the yelling. When Frankin’s happy, he shows that, too. How outwardly does he show it, you ask? Well…
Love or hate his methods, you sure can’t say he doesn’t let you know where you stand.
- Filed Under:
- Vanderbilt Commodores
- Mayweather Jr. and Pacquiao: Robert Garcia Breaks it Down
- Alexander Gustafsson's Trainer: 'We Are Not Happy'
- Cheerleader Dances Through Laughable Wardrobe Mishap
- Myles Jury Knocked Out a Legend