- The World Cup Draw Host Was A Brazilian Actress/Model That Looks Like This
- Snow Day! Highlights From Around Today's Frozen NFL Venues
- Adrian Peterson Carted Off Field With Appparent Ankle Injury: Will Not Return (UPDATE)
- SLIDESHOW: American Soccer Star Sydney Leroux's 23 Sexiest Instagram Photos
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
Vanderbilt’s James Franklin Is Fired Up
Vanderbilt football coach James Franklin is a fiery guy. That’s his personality, and he’s used it to his advantage by rebuilding the Commodores in his image. His attitude is at the heart of why they’ve made it to two straight bowls for the first time in program history, it’s at the heart of why Vandy’s recruiting better than it ever has, and it’s at the heart of why his team just finished the year 9-4 with a 38-24 Music City Bowl win over N.C. State. Don’t believe us that Franklin wears his heart on his sleeve at all times? Perhaps a few moments from today’s game will change your mind. First up:
And here he was after a Vandy player accidentally stopped his own guy during an interception return:
Like we said… fiery guy. Too fiery? Well… doesn’t seem like it. While it’s far from an exhaustive sampling, here are a few real-time reactions to Franklin’s theatrics:
I could watch that video of James Franklin yelling, all day! That was great.
— Big Ben (@BigBenPreds) December 31, 2012
WOW, I love James Franklin! He was killing that linemen.
— The SEC Logo (@SEC_Logo) December 31, 2012
James Franklin looks Nick Saban angry. I like it.
— Forrest Gump(@RunGumpSTOP) December 31, 2012
James Franklin is hands down my favorite college football coach. His passion and intensity is something missing in sports today. #Vandy
— Ryno St. Marie (@BigDogSaint23) December 31, 2012
The style’s not for everyone, but there’s more praise than condemnation. And besides, it’s not all about the yelling. When Frankin’s happy, he shows that, too. How outwardly does he show it, you ask? Well…
Love or hate his methods, you sure can’t say he doesn’t let you know where you stand.
- Filed Under:
- Vanderbilt Commodores
- Niners Lose in a Manner Most Foul
- Cleverly To Continue Career At Cruiserweight
- Tim Tebow Used by Ref to Describe Terrible Passing
- Which Former All-Star's Career Could be Over?