- Davis, Rainey & Brown Among Top Week 3 Waiver Options
- Can The NFL's Off-The-Field Violence Problem Be A Symptom Of Widespread PTSD?
- Massive Freak J.J. Watt Might Become A Serious Tight End Option For The Texans
- Don't Be Offended By This 'Ray Rice Makeup Tutorial' Video: It's Brilliant
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Jay Bilas Rips NCAA On Mike and Mike, Lays Out Plan To Fix Current System
Jay Bilas is a smart dude. His claim to fame in the legal community — oh ya, he’s an actual lawyer — was a successful defense of the costume industry against trademark claims made by, get this, Barney. Like, the big purple dinosaur. Point being, it should come as no surprise that his thoughts on the matter of NCAA athlete exploitation hold actual weight.
He’s like the opposite of Stephen A. Smith/Skip Bayless when it comes to these kind of things.
On the heels of the Ed O’Bannon ruling, which basically gives NCAA athletes control over their likenesses, Bilas joined the Mike and Mike program to discuss what needs to happen next to make college sports more fair for everyone involved. Speaking as a former Duke basketball player, Bilas first suggested that each sport should be considered separately because of the disparity between their potential to generate revenue.
- MMA Fans Protest Over Brock Lesnar
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?