- Team USA Stares Blankly As New Zealand Team Performs Ceremonial Haka Dance
- Fantasy Football: Week 1 QB Rankings, Starts And Sleepers
- Derek Carr Avenges His Brother's NFL Death By Replacing Matt Schaub As Raiders QB
- Calif. High School Dumps Arab Mascot 'The Arab' Amid Outcry
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Stanford’s Jeremy Stewart Records A Special Teams Tackle…On His Own Teammate
Sometimes a kick returner will take the ball out of the end zone instead of taking a knee, and you know it won’t end well. You can sort of understand, because they want to make a big play, but it’s just doomed from the start. Well, Stanford receiver/return man Ty Montgomery had one of those moments earlier in tonight’s Fiesta Bowl against Oklahoma State. Or at least, teammate Jeremy Stewart thought Montgomery was about to have one of those moments. Stewart, though, was in a position to do something about it, and did he ever:
Of course, we’ll never truly know if Stewart’s decision was the right one from a kick return perspective. From an entertainment perspective? Genius. It’s not every day you see someone knock a teammate down, on purpose, with no ill intent. Maybe Montgomery was a little embarrassed in the moment, but hopefully he realizes Stewart just wanted what was best for him, dammit.
Video by CJ Fogler.
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship
- Teila Tuli Heartbroken 20 Years After UFC
- Cheerleader Dances Through Laughable Wardrobe Mishap
- Dana White Speaks On Firing Chael Sonnen