- This Butt-Check In Last Night's Sharks-Kings Game Was A Lot More Violent Than The Butt-Fumble
- Tony Allen Set A New Low For Egregriously And Horribly Flopping
- Scott Engel's One On One: The Entrepreneur-Catcher John Buck
- Is This The Saddest Sports GIF Ever?
- Injured Steelers Tight End Heath Miller Is Improving, But Cautious
As The Jerry Sandusky Trial Begins, The Case Could Somehow Get Even Uglier
The trial of former Penn State football assistant Jerry Sandusky on 52 criminal counts of sexual abuse of boys began today, following a controversial jury selection process. The sides made their opening statements, and along with those opening statements came more than a few graphic details of what Sandusky is alleged to have done to some of his (alleged) victims. Plenty of people documented these details, and you can find some of them here, though we definitely understand if you’d rather not.
What happened in the courtroom today wasn’t the only significant Sandusky case development, however. This development didn’t have to do with Sandusky directly, but (former) higher-ups at Penn State Graham Spanier and Gary Schultz – the latter of whom already faced perjury charges. Now, criminal charges might be filed against both Spanier and Schultz. The reason: sources told NBC News that according to recently-uncovered documents, the two discussed whether to report allegations of an “encounter” between Sandusky and a boy back in 2001. They ultimately decided that not reporting the allegations would be “humane”… to Sandusky. Yeah. Here’s the report:
Just when you think the Sandusky case has done all it possibly could to disturb and horrify you… there’s more. And there will undoubtedly be more squirm-inducing details shared by Sandusky’s alleged victims right up through the conclusion of the trial. Whether there are more squirm-inducing allegations against people other than Sandusky remains to be seen. Whether this is one giant horrible spectacle that you just want to end? That does not remain to be seen. It’s been that from the beginning. Hopefully it doesn’t get even worse from here.
Getty photo, by Patrick Smith
- Malcom Jenkins Won't Pull A 'Reggie Bush'
- Brooke Hogan's Wardrobe Malfunction
- WWE Diva AJ Shows Some Skin
- Remembering Quinton "Rampage" Jackson's Time In The UFC