- Worst Flop Of The NBA Playoffs So Far? I Think We Have A Winner
- Kate Upton Before She Became The Mega-Supermodel You Know And Love Today
- You Will Be Hypnotized By This Yankees' Fan Regurgitating Cotton Candy
- Let's Watch An Epic Bungee Jump Basketball Shot
- The Most Feared Latina In Women's Football
Jerry Sandusky Won’t Have To Face His Accusers Today
The big news of the morning was all set to be the preliminary hearing in the Jerry Sandusky trial. Sandusky would have faced his accusers, many of whom were set to testify against him today in order to move the case to trial. And then…nothing. Sandusky waived his right to the preliminary hearing almost immediately, meaning the case will now proceed to trial. The arraignment is set for January 11.
“We plan to proceed with Jerry’s hearing, and Jerry is looking forward to the opportunity to face his accusers.”
Or maybe he just thought he was looking forward to it…or maybe Amendola, who’s been about as effective an attorney as the Hyperchicken, was just full of it. E. Marc Costanzo, the senior deputy attorney general for Pennsylvania, said he was also surprised Sandusky waived the hearing since his defense team indicated they wouldn’t, but added he wasn’t shocked, given how much the prosecution stood to enhance its case today, with what he said were 11 witnesses ready to testify.
Now, it just feels like the Sandusky team is putting off the inevitable a little more (not to mention giving the prosecution even more ways to make him look bad). And Costanzo said there have been no discussions about a plea bargain, so it seems like they’re ready to let this play out in court…for now, anyway. So we’re left with a little more waiting, but no more doubt as to what the final outcome of the trial will be.
Photo via Onward State
- 100 Awesome Pictures of Pro Athletes as Rookies
- Athletes You Forgot Dyed Their Hair Blonde
- Zdeno Chara Anchors Bruins' Makeshift Defense
- Michael Phelps Rebounds with Notorious Hollywood Waitress