- Iowa State Fans Mock Marcus Smart With Coordinated Mass Flopping Routine (Genius)
- Johnny Weir And Tara Lapinski Commentate 30 Rock's Lunchtime Free Skate
- How Does Lionel Messi's On-Field Vomit Attack Stack Up Against The 7 Grossest Puke Vids In Sports History?
- Everybody Is Hating On The NBA's Sleeved Jerseys
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Hopefully, Jim Tressel Won’t Read Any Ohio Papers Today
I don’t know if you’ve heard, but Jim Tressel resigned yesterday under somewhat controversial circumstances. The now-former Ohio State Buckeyes coach would have probably left eventually – it’s very hard, after all, to lie to your employer, and the governing body of your sport, and also keep your job. But his exit was likely expedited by a Sports Illustrated piece that detailed years of willful ignorance about violations within his program.
We’ll have a full reaction to the SI piece later. For now, here’s what Jim Tressel, born in Mentor, raised in Berea, hero to Youngstown, and god to Columbus, woke up to this morning.
[Front pages courtesy of Newseum]
- Did Mayweather Avoid Fighting Amir Khan?
- How Amir Khan Will Get A Shot At Mayweather
- Floyd Mayweather Discusses Training With Young Fighters
- Batista Gets Backstage Heat After Royal Rumble, Negative Feedback From Fans Leaving