- The World Cup Draw Host Was A Brazilian Actress/Model That Looks Like This
- What If The NFL's Best QBs Were Bald?
- SportsGrid's "Off The Grid" Podcast: Collegehumor's Dave Rosenberg
- SLIDESHOW: American Soccer Star Sydney Leroux's 23 Sexiest Instagram Photos
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
Joe Paterno Announces Retirement, Says Sex Abuse Scandal One Of The “Great Sorrows Of My Life”
Paterno is out, officially. The Penn State head coach announced today that he’ll retire at the end of this season. Here’s his full statement, via Michelle Stelle.
STATE COLLEGE, Pa., Nov. 9, 2011 — I am absolutely devastated by the developments in this case. I grieve for the children and their families, and I pray for their comfort and relief.
I have come to work every day for the last 61 years with one clear goal in mind: To serve the best interests of this university and the young men who have been entrusted to my care. I have the same goal today.
That’s why I have decided to announce my retirement effective at the end of this season. At this moment the Board of Trustees should not spend a single minute discussing my status. They have far more important matters to address. I want to make this as easy for them as I possibly can. This is a tragedy. It is one of the great sorrows of my life. With the benefit of hindsight, I wish I had done more.
My goals now are to keep my commitments to my players and staff and finish the season with dignity and determination. And then I will spend the rest of my life doing everything I can to help this University.
- Bradley Climbs Pound For Pound Top 10
- Hottest Wives/Girlfriends in Sports!
- Rios: My Punch Will Change Pacquiao's Mind
- Will Peyton Manning Break Tom Brady's Touchdown Record?