- Fantasy Football: Week 8 Waiver Wire Pickup Power Rankings
- Peyton Manning Is Still Eight Touchdowns Behind Brett Favre, If You Include Pick-Sixes
- Of Course The Cowboys' Joseph Randle Has Signed An Underwear Endorsement Deal
- The Bucks Are Gathering Investors -- Will They Be Enough To Keep The Team In Milwaukee?
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Johnny Manziel Is Taking All His Classes Online Because He’s Too Famous Now
Johnny Manziel is a football player, but Johnny Manziel is also an athlete-student in college. Which means he takes classes, with other students, and gets grades and has tests and writes papers. Which also means that he has to go to class, should he want to artificially boost his grades with that ever-friendly participation grade.
Manziel spoke with reporters yesterday in Fort Worth, Texas, before accepting the Davey O’Brien award, given to the nation’s best quarterback, and he told them about school. Because you see, he’s just a regular college kid college-ing his way through college, what with the dorms and classes and homework and all. Well, almost regular, because Manziel’s celebrity has actually forced him to take all of his classes online. Too many autograph requests, too much attention. So much, in fact, that he’s only actually on campus once a month.
Via the Associated Press:
Johnny Football still finds time to be a college student too, even though the Texas A&M star doesn’t have to be on campus very often for classes. His schedule this semester consists of four online classes in sports management, and he just got done with a series of tests and other work.
Manziel was initially enrolled in an English class on campus this spring with only 20 to 25 students before switching his schedule.
‘I didn’t think anything of it, and it kind of turned into a little more of a big deal than I thought,’ said Manziel, the first freshman to win the Heisman Trophy.”
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts