- IS CLIFF LEE DONE?: MLB Trade Deadline Deals, Injuries, Tidbits And Trends
- Golfer Dustin Johnson Suspended Six Months For Positive Cocaine Test
- Jonny Gomes' Last Words As A Member Of The Red Sox: 'Boston Strong'
- Madden 15 Cornerback Rankings Upset Puts Sherman-Peterson Beef To Rest
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Johnny Manziel Is Taking All His Classes Online Because He’s Too Famous Now
Johnny Manziel is a football player, but Johnny Manziel is also an athlete-student in college. Which means he takes classes, with other students, and gets grades and has tests and writes papers. Which also means that he has to go to class, should he want to artificially boost his grades with that ever-friendly participation grade.
Manziel spoke with reporters yesterday in Fort Worth, Texas, before accepting the Davey O’Brien award, given to the nation’s best quarterback, and he told them about school. Because you see, he’s just a regular college kid college-ing his way through college, what with the dorms and classes and homework and all. Well, almost regular, because Manziel’s celebrity has actually forced him to take all of his classes online. Too many autograph requests, too much attention. So much, in fact, that he’s only actually on campus once a month.
Via the Associated Press:
Johnny Football still finds time to be a college student too, even though the Texas A&M star doesn’t have to be on campus very often for classes. His schedule this semester consists of four online classes in sports management, and he just got done with a series of tests and other work.
Manziel was initially enrolled in an English class on campus this spring with only 20 to 25 students before switching his schedule.
‘I didn’t think anything of it, and it kind of turned into a little more of a big deal than I thought,’ said Manziel, the first freshman to win the Heisman Trophy.”
- B.J. Penn Was Called "The Prodigy" for a Reason
- Fighting Hotties Land on Maxim's Hot 100 List
- Dana White Speaks On Firing Chael Sonnen
- Chael Sonnen Receives 2-Year Suspension