- SPORTSGRID ORIGINAL: The Future Of The Knicks (As Told By An 8-Year-Old)
- Colbert Interviewed John Calipari Amidst A Show About Cockfighting
- Today In Bolivian Soccer ... A G-G-G-G-Ghost?! (VIDEO)
- The NCAA's Talking Bench Sounds Like A Prison Inmate On The Prowl
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
KC TV Sports Anchor Pretty Clearly Calls KU The ‘Gayhawks’, Now Claims He Didn’t Say It
First came the racist NFL sign at a Sonic Drive-In in nearby Belton, Missouri, and now this. His name is Jack Harry, and he’s had ongoing skirmishes with Kansas Jayhawks fans before (see below). But this time it’s serious: the Kansas City 41 Action News sports anchor apparently referred to the Jayhawks as the “Gayhawks” during a discussion on a recent sports segment, and there are calls for him to be fired over it.
Harry, though, says he’s innocent. He says he was misunderstood. (If you watch and listen to the video, that’s a hard claim to believe). And the NBC affiliate is sticking by him. See Harry’s response below.
You stay classy, Kansas City.
I love America, but when I see people defend ignorance like Jack Harry saying "Gayhawks" I understand why we're so far behind.
— Mike Welch (@RealMikeWelch) December 10, 2013
Over 270 votes registered and 85% of them think Jack Harry should be fired: http://t.co/uFOJzneqH6
— Rock Chalk Blog (@RockChalkBlog) December 10, 2013
Jack Harry when he watches the playback, or, as he'd say, watching the "gayback." http://t.co/484c1UnMqZ
— Chris Carter (@GoGetItChris) December 10, 2013
From 41 Action News KSHB-TV on its Facebook page:
While Jack Harry is opinionated, he knows the difference between legitimate sports discussion and unacceptable, uncalled for language. After speaking at length with Jack, we believe Jack when he tells us that is not what he said.
We stand by Jack and encourage him to speak his mind when it comes to sports in Kansas City and beyond.
— Jason King (@JasonKingESPN) December 10, 2013
- Filed Under:
- kansas jayhawks
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story