- NBA Power Rankings: The Final Regular Season Edition
- NHL Playoff Preview: Who's Gonna Win Each First-Round Matchup?
- Damian Lillard Kicks Off Massive Adidas Deal By Insulting Sports Legends
- Minor League Baseball Team To Offer Frog Legs At Concession Stands This Season
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Texas A&M Coach Kevin Sumlin Celebrating His Team’s Win Will Power You Through Your Morning
When Iowa State upset TCU 37-23 on Saturday, many fans immediately thought one thing: Paul Rhoads is gonna be back on Youtube, and soon. Rhoads, the Cyclones’ head coach, is famous for his post-upset motivational addresses, and many (including, no doubt, the bigwigs in ISU’s athletic department) were hoping this one would produce a similarly viral moment.
Instead, though, top “coach goes crazy celebrating win in locker room” honors this week went to a dark horse candidate: Texas A&M’s Kevin Sumlin. Sumlin’s struck me the few times I’ve heard him as a pretty measured guy, but he was anything but after his team pulled out a come-from-behind 30-27 win at Ole Miss this weekend. And we’re glad, because he allowed this scene to take place:
My brain wants to wonder why exactly Sumlin got that excited. Yeah, a win’s a win, especially in the SEC. Yeah, they came from 10 points down in the fourth quarter, and on the road. But no offense to Ole Miss – they’re 3-3, 0-2 in the SEC. A&M had six turnovers and still allowed 464 yards of offense. Maybe that’s exactly why Sumlin was so fired up, but still, there seems like there’s more to be worried about here than there is to celebrate. My heart, though? Not only doesn’t it question Sumlin, it speeds up considerably as he bounds through that room. Who wouldn’t want to play for that guy?
- Filed Under:
- texas A&M aggies
- The 10 Bloodiest Fights Of All Time
- Controversy Hits The MMA Ring
- UFC 170 Salaries Revealed
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success