- Iowa State Fans Mock Marcus Smart With Mass Flopping Routine
- Here's A Photo Of Tony Romo Rooting For Duke
- Johnny Weir And Tara Lapinski Commentate 30 Rock's Lunchtime Free Skate
- Devin Hester Can't Believe The Bears Didn't Re-sign Him, Because Seven Years Ago
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Texas A&M Coach Kevin Sumlin Celebrating His Team’s Win Will Power You Through Your Morning
When Iowa State upset TCU 37-23 on Saturday, many fans immediately thought one thing: Paul Rhoads is gonna be back on Youtube, and soon. Rhoads, the Cyclones’ head coach, is famous for his post-upset motivational addresses, and many (including, no doubt, the bigwigs in ISU’s athletic department) were hoping this one would produce a similarly viral moment.
Instead, though, top “coach goes crazy celebrating win in locker room” honors this week went to a dark horse candidate: Texas A&M’s Kevin Sumlin. Sumlin’s struck me the few times I’ve heard him as a pretty measured guy, but he was anything but after his team pulled out a come-from-behind 30-27 win at Ole Miss this weekend. And we’re glad, because he allowed this scene to take place:
My brain wants to wonder why exactly Sumlin got that excited. Yeah, a win’s a win, especially in the SEC. Yeah, they came from 10 points down in the fourth quarter, and on the road. But no offense to Ole Miss – they’re 3-3, 0-2 in the SEC. A&M had six turnovers and still allowed 464 yards of offense. Maybe that’s exactly why Sumlin was so fired up, but still, there seems like there’s more to be worried about here than there is to celebrate. My heart, though? Not only doesn’t it question Sumlin, it speeds up considerably as he bounds through that room. Who wouldn’t want to play for that guy?
- Filed Under:
- texas A&M aggies
- Dana White Believes He Has Worked Out Anthony Pettis Vs Jose Aldo
- Why Is Josh Thomson Still Firing Shots At Ben Henderson?
- Predicting Who Will Be First to Defeat Chris Weidman
- Lyoto Machida Received a Bonus Straight From Dana White's Pocket After Beating Tito Ortiz