- The First Trailer For Mike Tyson's New Cartoon, Mike Tyson Mysteries, Is Hilarious (VIDEO)
- Madden 15 Player Ratings: Top 5 Offensive Linemen
- Jimmy Fallon's 'Late Night Superlatives': Tour de France Edition
- The NBA Needs To Consider Relocation To Seattle And Louisville, Not Expansion
- Power Ranking The Most Offensive Team Names In Sports History
These Manti Te’o Tweets, Retrospectively, Seem Awfully Strange And Eerily Prophetic
By now, you should all know what happened regarding Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te’o and his inspirational story that wasn’t. His late girlfriend Lennay Kekua, who died in September, did not, in fact, die at all. She wasn’t even his girlfriend. This is because she wasn’t even a real person. Deadpsin broke the story earlier today and if you aren’t up to speed, please familiarize yourself now.
Now knowing what we know about Te’o, we thought it was worth going into the Twitter vault and finding 140-character snippits from his account that might seem funny/ironic/odd with the benefit of hindsight. Well, thank you hindsight. And thank you [comedian/Parks and Recreation writer] Joe Mande, for plucking out a whole bunch of these already.
Never hold your head down in defeat nor raise it up in times of triumph. Just keep moving forward! #humility
— Manti Te’o (@MTeo_5) January 12, 2013
It starts innocently enough, yet still oddly foreshadows the tumultuous road Te’o would have ahead of him.
Don’t say things that you wouldn’t want to be said to you and maybe this world would be a better place!
— Manti Te’o (@MTeo_5) January 8, 2013
Things like, “I had this girlfriend, then she died,” when that person didn’t exist and you may or may not have known that?
If you’re gonna talk the talk…you better be willing to walk the walk.
— Manti Te’o (@MTeo_5) December 21, 2012
Leave no stone left unturned!
— Manti Te’o (@MTeo_5) October 29, 2012
Sure have been a lot of those turning today.
Don’t let your dreams stay dreams! Make them a reality!
— Manti Te’o (@MTeo_5) October 23, 2012
My dreams are becoming your worst nightmare!!! #sorryboutit
— Manti Te’o (@MTeo_5) September 3, 2012
Real eyes, realize, real lies!
— Manti Te’o (@MTeo_5) July 27, 2012
Yes Manti, they do.
This is so sad!
— Manti Te’o (@MTeo_5) July 20, 2012
Yes Manti, it is.
No matter what life throws at you all you gotta do is SWING!
— Manti Te’o (@MTeo_5) October 10, 2012
Well, time to swing.
- Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Done with Golden Boy
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'