- Colbert Addresses Sean Hannity's Belt Whipping Adrian Peterson Defense
- Howard Stern Dude Interrupts Goodell Press Conference: 'Don't Take Me To An Elevator!'
- SNY Host Blasts Jeter As A Clown Fraud For Doing Gatorade Commercial
- The Best Running Backs To Snag Off The Waiver Wire This Week
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Maryland’s New Football Uniforms Are Certainly … Bold
Maryland football coach Randy Edsall strikes us as a traditionalist. There are All those new rules he’s instituting with the Terps (especially the “no names on the back of the jerseys” thing). Testudo Times called him “a Coughlinesque hardass.” And he just looks like an old-school guy, doesn’t he?
And that’s why it surprised us to see that Maryland’s unveiling of new football uniforms yesterday prompted plenty of Oregon comparisons. If there’s one thing Oregon’s uniforms aren’t, it’s traditionalist, and these are undeniably in the same vein (even the helmets, which don’t have a logo or wording, are definitely different, as you’ll see below).
Of course, there’s an important group that tends to like bold uniform choices: players. Reportedly, Maryland athletic director Kevin Anderson raved about the impact the uniforms would have on recruiting, and he’s probably not wrong: while these won’t make Maryland suddenly become the destination of choice for every top prospect in the country, they will ensure that a whole lot of people will be talking about Maryland, and will probably make the place look that much cooler to a lot of the kids they’re going after.
And truthfully…the more we look at them, the more we like some of the designs, too. Check ‘em out for yourself below.
- MMA's Top 10 Stick-And-Ball Crossovers
- MMA Fans Protest Over Brock Lesnar
- B.J. Penn Was Called "The Prodigy" for a Reason
- 10 Hottest Moms in the Sports World