- The 10 Wackest Sports-Related Moves Of 2013
- It Sounds Like Both RGIII And Mike Shanahan Are Done For The Season [UPDATED]
- This New Billiards Game For PS4 Looks Terrifyingly Real
- College Basketball Top 25: A Lot Of Good Teams Got Dunked On Last Week
- Former Rutgers Player Sues Over Ex-Basketball Coach Rice's Behavior
Maryland’s New Football Uniforms Are Certainly … Bold
Maryland football coach Randy Edsall strikes us as a traditionalist. There are All those new rules he’s instituting with the Terps (especially the “no names on the back of the jerseys” thing). Testudo Times called him “a Coughlinesque hardass.” And he just looks like an old-school guy, doesn’t he?
And that’s why it surprised us to see that Maryland’s unveiling of new football uniforms yesterday prompted plenty of Oregon comparisons. If there’s one thing Oregon’s uniforms aren’t, it’s traditionalist, and these are undeniably in the same vein (even the helmets, which don’t have a logo or wording, are definitely different, as you’ll see below).
Of course, there’s an important group that tends to like bold uniform choices: players. Reportedly, Maryland athletic director Kevin Anderson raved about the impact the uniforms would have on recruiting, and he’s probably not wrong: while these won’t make Maryland suddenly become the destination of choice for every top prospect in the country, they will ensure that a whole lot of people will be talking about Maryland, and will probably make the place look that much cooler to a lot of the kids they’re going after.
And truthfully…the more we look at them, the more we like some of the designs, too. Check ‘em out for yourself below.
- Manny Pacquiao Facing Tax Problems in the U.S. Too?
- The Top Fantasy Sleepers in the NFL
- NBA 2K14 Will Give You A Technical For Swearing
- Tyson Admit he had No Way to Win