- Sorry Warriors Fans, But Plans For This New Waterfront Arena Have Been Scrapped
- Did Gilbert Arenas Win $100,000 Betting On 'His' Washington Wizards?
- This Is Why You Should Always Give A Foul Ball To A Kid (VIDEO)
- The Indiana Pacers And Their Fans Deserve Each Other
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Maryland’s New Football Uniforms Are Certainly … Bold
Maryland football coach Randy Edsall strikes us as a traditionalist. There are All those new rules he’s instituting with the Terps (especially the “no names on the back of the jerseys” thing). Testudo Times called him “a Coughlinesque hardass.” And he just looks like an old-school guy, doesn’t he?
And that’s why it surprised us to see that Maryland’s unveiling of new football uniforms yesterday prompted plenty of Oregon comparisons. If there’s one thing Oregon’s uniforms aren’t, it’s traditionalist, and these are undeniably in the same vein (even the helmets, which don’t have a logo or wording, are definitely different, as you’ll see below).
Of course, there’s an important group that tends to like bold uniform choices: players. Reportedly, Maryland athletic director Kevin Anderson raved about the impact the uniforms would have on recruiting, and he’s probably not wrong: while these won’t make Maryland suddenly become the destination of choice for every top prospect in the country, they will ensure that a whole lot of people will be talking about Maryland, and will probably make the place look that much cooler to a lot of the kids they’re going after.
And truthfully…the more we look at them, the more we like some of the designs, too. Check ‘em out for yourself below.
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story