- Sorry Warriors Fans, But Plans For This New Waterfront Arena Have Been Scrapped
- Did Gilbert Arenas Win $100,000 Betting On 'His' Washington Wizards?
- This Is Why You Should Always Give A Foul Ball To A Kid (VIDEO)
- The Indiana Pacers And Their Fans Deserve Each Other
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Maurice Clarett Is Trying To Make The 2016 United States Olympic Rugby Team
Last time we checked in with Maurice Clarett, things weren’t going so well (at least he wasn’t in jail). Although it’s been more than 10 years since he played college football, the former star running back can’t help but try to recapture his glory days. Not in the form of football, however – those days are long gone. No, Clarett has set his sights elsewhere: the 2016 United States Olympic rugby team.
Via Rugby Mag:
“Maurice Clarett has joined the Tiger Rugby Olympic Development Program in Columbus, Ohio. ‘He’s committed to try to make Rio 2016,’ said Tiger Rugby director Paul Holmes. ‘That’s Maurice’s plan.’
The 29-year-old former Ohio State and Denver Broncos running back met and worked out with Holmes Wednesday before agreeing to join the program. Holmes was impressed with Clarett’s athleticism, despite his being out of football for years.
‘He’s ridiculous. That’s all I can say,’ said Holmes of Clarett. ‘His footwork is phenomenal. He’s nowhere near conditioned for rugby, but that will come…The stuff he’s doing in the gym right now, he’s just ridiculous.’
Wait, wait: the United States has an Olympic rugby team?
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story