- Davis, Rainey & Brown Among Top Week 3 Waiver Options
- Can The NFL's Off-The-Field Violence Problem Be A Symptom Of Widespread PTSD?
- Massive Freak J.J. Watt Might Become A Serious Tight End Option For The Texans
- Don't Be Offended By This 'Ray Rice Makeup Tutorial' Video: It's Brilliant
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Maurice Clarett Is Trying To Make The 2016 United States Olympic Rugby Team
Last time we checked in with Maurice Clarett, things weren’t going so well (at least he wasn’t in jail). Although it’s been more than 10 years since he played college football, the former star running back can’t help but try to recapture his glory days. Not in the form of football, however – those days are long gone. No, Clarett has set his sights elsewhere: the 2016 United States Olympic rugby team.
Via Rugby Mag:
“Maurice Clarett has joined the Tiger Rugby Olympic Development Program in Columbus, Ohio. ‘He’s committed to try to make Rio 2016,’ said Tiger Rugby director Paul Holmes. ‘That’s Maurice’s plan.’
The 29-year-old former Ohio State and Denver Broncos running back met and worked out with Holmes Wednesday before agreeing to join the program. Holmes was impressed with Clarett’s athleticism, despite his being out of football for years.
‘He’s ridiculous. That’s all I can say,’ said Holmes of Clarett. ‘His footwork is phenomenal. He’s nowhere near conditioned for rugby, but that will come…The stuff he’s doing in the gym right now, he’s just ridiculous.’
Wait, wait: the United States has an Olympic rugby team?
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- MMA Fans Protest Over Brock Lesnar
- Compilation of TKO's, Injuries and Submissions of MMA
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy