- FANTASY FOOTBALL: NFL Week 9 Picks & Game Previews
- Belichick Not Impressed With Mike Golic's Bill Belichick Costume
- Andrew Luck Is A Top 5 Quarterback And Nobody's Impressed -- Why?
- Is A Kobe Bryant Trade On The Horizon? A Few Rumored Scenarios...
- Ace Jon Lester Makes Pitch For Young Pal Fighting Cancer
Maurice Clarett Is Trying To Make The 2016 United States Olympic Rugby Team
Last time we checked in with Maurice Clarett, things weren’t going so well (at least he wasn’t in jail). Although it’s been more than 10 years since he played college football, the former star running back can’t help but try to recapture his glory days. Not in the form of football, however – those days are long gone. No, Clarett has set his sights elsewhere: the 2016 United States Olympic rugby team.
Via Rugby Mag:
“Maurice Clarett has joined the Tiger Rugby Olympic Development Program in Columbus, Ohio. ‘He’s committed to try to make Rio 2016,’ said Tiger Rugby director Paul Holmes. ‘That’s Maurice’s plan.’
The 29-year-old former Ohio State and Denver Broncos running back met and worked out with Holmes Wednesday before agreeing to join the program. Holmes was impressed with Clarett’s athleticism, despite his being out of football for years.
‘He’s ridiculous. That’s all I can say,’ said Holmes of Clarett. ‘His footwork is phenomenal. He’s nowhere near conditioned for rugby, but that will come…The stuff he’s doing in the gym right now, he’s just ridiculous.’
Wait, wait: the United States has an Olympic rugby team?
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts